Remorting Bonuses Tier 1

Started by Torque, May 13, 2012, 10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torque

Hello! I'm posting a small (and therefore) managable list of remorting bonuses. This topic won't cover how or when you get said bonus, so please feel free to copy and paste it, then modify it to repost it as to what you think is a better list. For those that have difficulty hypothesizing, let's say you can opt to remort at level 50.

Choose one of the following permenant bonuses:

+7 acc
+10 bs acc
+4 ac
+15 MR
+5 dodge
+10 mana regen
+20 hp regen
+10 enc %

Stalkerr

Thats suppose to be an incentive to roll??

twogirlz

Should get bonuses for rolling people, not for rolling yourself! Those bonuses are way overpowered as well.

Torque

Great, activity! Now post something productive! Like alternatives, different amounts, or what you think is not overpowered.

"This is bad" sounds a lot like "I don't need to post"

Interesting point, TG. Let me put it this way then. Let's say you're a level 50 Hog Warrior. Would you remort so you can get an extra 4 ac? If the answer is no, then they are not overpowered. If it's yes, well... why?

Stalkerr

It isn't possible to post something productive as absolutely nothing will ever come of this.

Zetetic

My suggestion for a remort is to only be able to do it at level 70. The highest level items are 65+ I believe (it has been a while since I touched mme so that statement is from my own memory).

Instead of having +40 to all max stats, make every remort give +5 min and +5max to a stat of your choice. Multiple remorts stack of course. The idea is that you have the ability to use all that uber gear, or you can remort for a bonus once you get up that high again. That said, 70 is an absolute pain to get to, so maybe making it level 50 or 55 would be better. You would end up with very few extremely high level characters because people want to come back more powerful.

I disagree with your list of suggested bonuses, because I dislike giving people bonuses that no one can see or easily quantify. A bonus to min and max stats will effect all of the other bonuses anyway, and gives us a clean way to progress characters beyond their current limits, while still making them work for it.

I would also suggest that if you remort and have completed the fifth quest successfully, you should have the option to trade your quest reward item in to receive an extra +5min/max to that stat. Yes, this is powerful, but it is also hard and gives everyone a real reason to go for the Lich. Maybe +5 extra is too much, an extra 2-3 might make more sense, but I like round numbers :)

kalus

The bonuses should be unique and worthwhile... something that changes a character more than a couple of stat enhancements can provide.

Example: Allow the character to pick a new spell tree.

Cleric could add mage-1 to its arsenal or upgrade to priest-3.

Ninja could add mage-1.

etc

Oh yeah, and remorted characters exp charts are doubled.

Gnor

How does any of this seem logical to any of you?

Quote from: Zetetic on May 14, 2012, 09:22 PM
My suggestion for a remort is to only be able to do it at level 70. The highest level items are 65+ I believe (it has been a while since I touched mme so that statement is from my own memory).

This idea works on other mud types because those games are usually a fair amount shorter, and they usually begin multiclassing/remorts at lower level. Almost nobody on the PvP realm would ever even see this if the required level is 70. In addition, this is just going to make people reluctant to reset a dying realm, which isn't a very good idea in an era where the game loses players on a regular basis. These sorts of ideas work well in D&D and similar games because those games never end. In this game, the "end" is something that a lot of people look forward to at one point or another in order to have a clean realm slate.

Quote from: kalus on May 15, 2012, 05:03 AM
Example: Allow the character to pick a new spell tree.
Cleric could add mage-1 to its arsenal or upgrade to priest-3.
Ninja could add mage-1.
etc
Way too powerful. If you want characters that are way too powerful, go check out Hated Reality or MudRev. These ideas are in line with their style of content.

In closing, I'd like to say that while I admire your dreaming, this remort idea is just way too unrealistic. Just because something works in other games doesn't mean it will work in this game.

This would require so much additional coding that it almost scares me. If the code/features that are supposed to be in already don't even work properly(and in some cases go unfixed for 3 years or more in spite of bug posts on the forums), then how can complex ideas like this be implemented and expected to work?

They can't. That's why this idea is unrealistic.