Anyone still do this?

Started by Chelm, May 17, 2016, 09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelm

Kind of curious - I haven't played in 15 (?!) years, but is anyone still around playing this, or has it kind of gone dead?  Had a weird dream about it last night...

cytrik

Check out the user list under each realm. You can eventually have 3 characters each, so I would divide whoever is in there by 3 and that'll give you an indication of how many people still play.
It can be quiet at times, but people check in fairly regularly and are generally helpful... at the non-pvp realm atleast.

Blake

We are dicks in the pvp realm.

Vitoc

Quote from: Chelm on May 17, 2016, 09:52 PM
Kind of curious - I haven't played in 15 (?!) years, but is anyone still around playing this, or has it kind of gone dead?  Had a weird dream about it last night...
Hey, long time no see. 

I've been focusing all my development efforts on a new version that was built specifically to target the web.  It's called WebMUD.  Anyone with a browser-enabled device and internet can play it; telnet and special clients are not needed.  Scripting is built into the server (WIP) so you no longer have to keep a machine running 24/7 for your character to continue scripting using your settings.  We just sold our truck and I'm currently vetting mobile developers to do some contract work on a proper mobile app.  I believe a mobile-friendly MUD experience is what we need to get new life (and new faces) injected into MUD.  If I'm wrong, at least I can say I tried.  I haven't seen it done right anywhere else (yet).