Mystic Power Trees

Started by DeathCow, Jun 22, 2006, 03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathCow

Mystics will have a basic pool of powers that all mystics pull from.? Then they will also get powers from a choosen celestial region.? I'm still milling over what, if anything, the celestial mansions should be.? This is just ground work atm. Note, this is Chinese mythology, not korean/japenese buddist/etc/etc/etc.

Seiryuu-The Azure Dragon of the East-Element Wood

?
NameTranslation
JiaoHorn
KangNeck
DiRoot
FangRoom
Xin Heart
Wei Tail
Ji Basket

Genbu-The Black Tortoise of the North-Element Water
? ?
NameTranslation
Dou Dipper
Niu Ox
N? Girl
Xu Emptiness
Wei Danger
Shi Room?
Bi Wall

Byakko-The White Tiger of the West-Element Metal

?
NameTranslation
Kui Legs
Lou Bond
Wei Stomach
Mao Hairy head
Bi Net
Zi Turtle beak?
Shen Three stars

Suzaku-The Vermillion Bird of the South-Element Fire

NameTranslation
Jing Well?
Gui Ogre/Demon
Liu Willow?
Xing Star?
Zhang Growth
Yi Wings?
Zhen Sadness/Weep

Ian

Man that title threw me.  I was thinking "DC rejects pirates but wants to include trees with mystic powers!"
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

DeathCow

There will be no fucking pirates.  Unless I have a gay bar<The Drunken Pirate,lol> for sam. 

ghaleon

... pirates... ack

first people want pirates... then their begging for firearms...  in the words of Jason Mewes (Jay) "Yo, F**** That"
Free MajorMUD. No Playing Sysops - Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver Forums

Psuedo

All Pirates want are your booty so yeah of course they are going to be stuck at the gay bar.

The Crazy Animal

As much as I love pirates they wouldn't add anything good to the game so lets get back on topic.

QuoteMystics will have a basic pool of powers that all mystics pull from.  Then they will also get powers from a choosen celestial region.  I'm still milling over what, if anything, the celestial mansions should be.  This is just ground work atm. Note, this is Chinese mythology, not korean/japenese buddist/etc/etc/etc.

Don't forget post too:
http://greatermud.com/forums/index.php?topic=340.0

I get the direction/element combo part and how that would probably be used; but, what is the "Name Translation" part supposed to be for?

I had an idea for mystics to use the attacks and maneuvers from the combat skill system but I don't have time to go over that in detail right now. However in brief the system would basically intertwine powers/attacks and powers/maneuvers at the same time. This would use simple spell like commands like afst (attack fire style) to trigger a combat routine with a set of attacks each attack would trigger a Power (spell) the powers would be in a set theme and diminish the chi of the mystic as they get used.

Off the top of my head example:

Fire Style:

Attacks:
Fiery Fist of  fury
- PC punches you with his fiery fists of fury for X damage!
- The fiery punch burns you for X damage!
Blazing Vortex Kick = kick with Dot fire damage
- PC attacks you with a blazing vortex kick for X damage!
- A fiery vortexs erupts around you, you take X damage!
Setting Sun Kick = kick with fire damage
- PC attacks you with his setting sun kick for X damage!
- The fiery kick burns you for X damage!
Manuevers:
Side Step:
- from standard manuever list
Burning Ember Counter:
- PC blocks your attack with his burning ember counter!
- Burning embers pelt you for X damage!

DeathCow

I'ma gonna have to look all the various things over...

The Crazy Animal

Grin ya thats something that needs to be done.

DeathCow

I didn't have any paper nots from that thread..I don't know if thats cause I was too frustrated witht he idea of rewrting things or not.  At this point i have to rewrite everything ever time we get a new idea.  So its like bah.

Its a bitch fitting other peoples work into a prebuilt concept and loe system.

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: DeathCow on Jun 22, 2006, 09:44 PM
I didn't have any paper nots from that thread..I don't know if thats cause I was too frustrated witht he idea of rewrting things or not.? At this point i have to rewrite everything ever time we get a new idea.? So its like bah.

Its a bitch fitting other peoples work into a prebuilt concept and loe system.

I thought using a proto class to start those classes would actually reduce starting story content at first. I think you were probably frustrated at that point or you just didn't like the idea and said you liked it just to confuse us more.