Advancement

Started by Danelin, Jun 25, 2006, 05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danelin

Hello everyone. I'm new here, but was a longtime player of MajorMUD starting in BETA and stopping a while after expansion 6 was released, when my local board began to permit AFK scripting. I was curious if some sort of method of scaling content so that advancement was not quite so painfully slow was planned for, especially for soloers and classes with difficult exp charts? Playing a Darkelf turned Nekojin Gypsy to level 20 without any scripting involved a crazy time investment that I could never afford to make again now that I'm a college student rather than a slacker teenager. Many of my best online memories are of playing MajorMUD with friends, and I would love to see the opportunity to play something that has the look and feel of MajorMUD but without quite the insane grind factor, and perhaps with more quests for item/bonus reward type content.

What are the implementor's feelings on the current advancement?

Danelin

DeathCow

QuoteWhat are the implementor's feelings on the current advancement?

Hurm, I'm not entirely sure what your asking?

Danelin

Primarily what I was asking is if any consideration has been given to the possibility of modifying the experience value of basic creatures or reduction of experience cost for advancement such that progression does not take as long, so that actually playing the game by hand for a couple hours a day was a viable way to be able to participate in quests etc., as opposed to needing to script for several days in order to advance.

Danelin

DeathCow

Grumble...I typed out a long responce that got lost.........so um

Yeah, we have 2 options.
1 making a roleplaying realm option that makes scripting less helpful.  In that realm we could lower exp charts.

2, we can making more questing.

Danelin

Both of those options sound like good ones. Another question I have is whether it's viable to make a NPC AI which would allow for hirelings?

Ian

This is currently being discussed and fleshed out into a full idea on the gmud wiki (along with other NPC ideas).

Wiki is here: http://www.greatermud.com/wiki/index.php
Check out the ideas page here: http://www.greatermud.com/wiki/index.php/Idea:Ideas
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

Rhinehold

This is a REALLY good idea.  Non-scripting realms could have SEVERELY reduced xp tables, allowing the higher levels to actually be reached.