Things that need fixing in the Engine

Started by Vitoc, Jan 31, 2006, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

grin I was wondering where you were both times..

TCA

DeathCow

The bar... :p  Well..i assume..what time is he generally starting this? 

Right now I'm in the process of creating a blank database so I can start putting stuff together for the realms content.  Maybe I'll have something for him by tonight :p

And maybe the game will just explode..who knows!

The Crazy Animal

It looked like 9pm ish but I wasn't around when it started up yesterday.

TCA

DeathCow

oo..k So for my next trick... hurm..Ok so I'm making something for tonights bruhaha.  But wa we'll see.

The Crazy Animal

We still don't have any spells in there I don't know if that functions working yet but it could be tested if it was. I also posted about 2 pages of item discriptions too for you to make use of.

The Crazy Animal

one more thing you forgot to add the basic aid <user> command in.

DeathCow

No spells yet..well spells should work..but there are no ability tags..so there is no way to learn spells..

The Crazy Animal

hmm what else could be tested.

the read command
mana regen could be if the spell just echoed a testing message for the cost of say 3 mana or something.

Vitoc

Reading scrolls works, but casting spells needs a crap load of work.  Only healing spells work, but they give generic messages.

I'm about 50% finished fixing the combat model, so # of swings and crit % should be almost spot on by tonight.  I plan on fixing it so rerolling (or being rerolled) doesn't crash the board.  Tonight I will definitely also fix the HPs per level gain, and the exp / level (I swear I had it right at one point).  Depending on how much time I have left over I will start going down the list of the other miscellaneous issues people have posted in here.

I get home around 5pm pst, so look for it go up around 7-8pm or so.

DeathCow

there are not textblocks, so no read, nor speaky speaky.

The Crazy Animal

One more thing to check on I noticed that even after I had given a few things away I still had multiples of the object in my inventory. I'm not shure if this was just me missing someone giving me the same object and I would have checked this better but it crashed before I could finish testing it.

Vitoc

Ok, it's back up.

Rerolling *should* work without crashing the realm.  HPs per level is fixed (sorry nottyger ;) ) and so is exp per level.  Caps should work in gossips and other communication.  # of swings should be spot on.

Valentine

...and.....*stupid question alert*...how does one reroll, exactly?

See, this is why someone needs to show me how this freaking thing works...
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

The Crazy Animal

one would type "reroll" and it would kill the character and any remaining lives.

Valentine

Merci...someone should publish a gmud for dummies e-book. Ah well...most the commands I tried worked...I just couldn't talk much....maybe that was on purpose?

Since logs are being generated, perhaps a tag for users to put in whenever they encounter a bug would be useful...like just typing "bug" so there's an easy way for those in charge to find them.
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles