List of Requested Changes - GMud Update (CLOSED)

Started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Jan 25, 2017, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin Jack Flash

It's been decided to start with a clean 1.11p version of MajorMud to create the upcoming changes to GreaterMud.  So far, here is where we are.  I've installed the 1.11p database and added SpellMod (with the Mob Spell Fix) and the 5th Quest Weapon Trader Add-Ons.  Besides these, here is a list of things from the other forum posts that you guys have stated you would like to see fixed:

-   Bring back Q&D
-   Get rid of Auto-Rgen rooms
-   15% hang penalty during PVP
-   Reduce Tracking to 50% of current value
-   Suicide Password Enabled
-   Reduction in AC for Plate Armor?s
-   More Elemental-type damage on specified weapons (i.e., sunsword vs ice golems)
-   Fix Smash (knockdown, hold person, less AC for X rounds)
-   Fix 5th Evil Mage Spell (negated by copper/silver cross)
-   Fix Dwarven Guards
-   Fix PREV/AURA stack and +PREV Items
-   Remove Max Fiend, or Fix Evil Point System
-   Get rid of SAINT in PVP Realm
-   Thieves get Perfect Stealth upon creation of character
-   Install ShadowHome for Thieves (Missy/Gypsy?)
-   Mystic ?Knock-Down? capability
-   RCOL and RFIR stack instead of cancelling each other (mage/druid)
-   Sheriff needs to be non-charmable
-   Fix Orfeo?s Shop to prevent Cash Bug
-   Reduce Goru/Beholder Rgen times
        o   Goru reduced to 200K Exp, 4 hour regen
        o   Beholder 150K Exp, 4 hour regen
-   Reduce Banshee ?wail? duration
-   Fix ?Frail? in Mod-9
-   Institute a ?re-log? command
-   Reduce Sacred Bastion and HellFire Shields (Priests should not Tank!)
-   Vary the Level-15 Quests
        o   High Druid ? Level 12 Quest, 150K exp
        o   Ice Sorceress ? Level 15 Quest, 150K exp
        o   Golden Chalice ? Level 18 Quest, 250K exp
        o   Phoenix Feather ? Level 15 Quest, 750K exp
-   Reduce Other Side Quests
        o   Adult Red Dragon ? Level 35 Quest, 5M exp
                   ARD Regen decreased to 15 hours
        o   Appy Quest ? Level 25, 2M exp
-   4th Quest ? Level 40, 40M exp
-   Increase drop rates on low-level lims
        o   Shimmering White Robes, Golden Breast Plate, etc
        o   Mino/Chest rgen times moved to 24 hours
-   Rod of Might usable by all alignments
-   Appy Quest and Golden Chalice Quests set so all questing persons in room receive item
        o   Appy does not disappear on destruction
        o   Chalice given to all persons in room who are eligible
-   Fix Silver Casket from Dark-Elf Queen (Casket currently spawns and destroys on reset)
-   Increase spell component drops (thrag heart, cyclops eye, etc)
-   Increase Spell rgen rates in Shops
-   Increase low-level limited items
        o   Guardian Golem Items x(5)? x(10)?
        o   Same with Mino Chest Items
-   1st Quest Weapons become unlimited/loyal
-   Fix Zanthus so he can be accessed/completed
-   Kill black rose (etc) ?PermaStun? by fixing the way spells re-trigger when re-cast before ending
        o   This will restore ?FLUX? type spells to majormud standards
-   Increase Thieves/Gypsys/Missy?s to Combat-3
-   Insert level restrictions on Armor
        o   Leather = Level 5
        o   Chain = Level 10
        o   Scale = Level 15
        o   Plate = Level 20
-   Fix some weapons that are never used
        o   Serpent Scourge, DeathCoil, etc

As per the previous request for updates, I will happily entertain your thoughts and ideas, but will not consider any rude comments or otherwise unproductive discussions.  Vitoc has stated that he is willing to invest a "bit" of time into this project for any updates that require code fixes.  So, for those things that cannot be fixed via NMR, we will put together a Top-5 list and submit to Vitoc for his consideration.  Thanks for reading, and keep the requests coming!

Bane

Rage

I think the order of attacks should be updated.  Currently the first person to enter room gets first round.  In regular mud the first one to engage get's to attack first.  I am unsure how npc's attack order is determined.

Greater

A good portion of this list makes no sense at all. I'd be careful about tweaking turning into destroying.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Rage on Jan 26, 2017, 01:25 AM
I think the order of attacks should be updated.  Currently the first person to enter room gets first round.  In regular mud the first one to engage get's to attack first.  I am unsure how npc's attack order is determined.

This is one of those things that cannot be addressed via NMR, so it will have to go on the list of things to be considered for Vitoc.  However, I think this should be near the top of the list.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Coarse Horse on Jan 26, 2017, 04:45 AM
A good portion of this list makes no sense at all. I'd be careful about tweaking turning into destroying.

One of the things the team stated was to slow down the mid-game push.  This was the reason for nerfing the ARD and Appy quests, among other things. 

Jumpin Jack Flash

Here's the up-to-date list of changes made thus far.  Please review and provide comments/concerns.  If no valid concerns are voiced, then we'll assume these are all good to go, and we'll finalize them.

-   Rangers
        o   Reduced to 220% exp
        o   Regeneration moved ?back? to Druid-1 (available to Rangers)
        o   Stoneskin moved to Druid-1 (available to Rangers)

-   Thieves
        o   Class Stealth +20
        o   Tracking
        o   Picklocks +10
        o   BS Min +5 / Max +10
        o   Increased to Combat 3
        o   100% Exp Table

-   Gypsy
        o   Combat 3

-   Missionary
        o   Combat 3

-   RCOL/RFIR are now stackable for mage/druid

-   Priestly Items
        o   Protection from Evil and Holy Aura are no longer stackable
        o   Sacred Bastion and Hellfire Shield set to provide a standard +20 AC and +5 DR
        o   Large Silvery Cross and Copper Cross properly set to negate Nebo Secondary, but not Necromantic Bolt

-   Orfeo Shop set to 275% markup

-   Rod of Might set to all alignments (was neutral only)

Vizzion

Alot of the changes look good to me, I don't like the sound of first person to engage gets the first round off thou, it would mean that if someone has a better latency, they would have an edge in a fight, the current first in the room setting removes the advantage one gains from having a lower latency and also adds some strategy to pvp.

Just my 2c.

I'm open to most of the changes listed, can tweak and tune as we go.

Jumpin Jack Flash

The only changes we've made so far are the ones highlighted above.  The "first attack" determination has not been made as of yet, and is still open for discussion.  You bring up some good points about latency and lag, and is another reason why I'm a fan of "highest agility swings first".

As far as tweaking and tuning, sure, we can do some of that along the way, but I'm not looking to continually invest time into updates, so as soon as we can get it good to go, the better!

Rage

How about something like all lims in ganghouses are swept at cleanup.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Rage on Jan 27, 2017, 06:02 AM
How about something like all lims in ganghouses are swept at cleanup.

I understand most of the game lims are being hoarded by one gang and stored in their vaults, unavailable to the rest of the players.  But, I'm hesitant to sweep ganghouses as there is a means available to access those houses....it's called a Thief!  With the updates we're making to the thief class, i think they will be a viable option to play finally.  We're also looking at reducing the picklocks value for ganghouse vaults.  However, as with all things GMud, it's open for discussion.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Jumpin Jack Flash on Jan 26, 2017, 11:14 AM
Here's the up-to-date list of changes made thus far.  Please review and provide comments/concerns.  If no valid concerns are voiced, then we'll assume these are all good to go, and we'll finalize them.

-   Rangers
        o   Reduced to 220% exp
        o   Regeneration moved ?back? to Druid-1 (available to Rangers)
        o   Stoneskin moved to Druid-1 (available to Rangers)

-   Thieves
        o   Class Stealth +20
        o   Tracking
        o   Picklocks +10
        o   BS Min +5 / Max +10
        o   Increased to Combat 3
        o   100% Exp Table

-   Gypsy
        o   Combat 3

-   Missionary
        o   Combat 3

-   RCOL/RFIR are now stackable for mage/druid

-   Priestly Items
        o   Protection from Evil and Holy Aura are no longer stackable
        o   Sacred Bastion and Hellfire Shield set to provide a standard +20 AC and +5 DR
        o   Large Silvery Cross and Copper Cross properly set to negate Nebo Secondary, but not Necromantic Bolt

-   Orfeo Shop set to 275% markup

-   Rod of Might set to all alignments (was neutral only)

Going to assume these are all good to go, and incorporate into NMR.  This topic now closed. 

Hayden

Quote from: Jumpin Jack Flash on Jan 27, 2017, 07:16 AM
I understand most of the game lims are being hoarded by one gang and stored in their vaults, unavailable to the rest of the players.  But, I'm hesitant to sweep ganghouses as there is a means available to access those houses....it's called a Thief!  With the updates we're making to the thief class, i think they will be a viable option to play finally.  We're also looking at reducing the picklocks value for ganghouse vaults.  However, as with all things GMud, it's open for discussion.

Can you change the maximum # of guardians in each room to 3?  This will prevent dragging and stacking of guards and require the Robber to kill the guards room to room. (Make them stationary even and remove the buy guardian ability)  Having 4 deep rooms of 15+ diamond guardians to get to the vault is a little ridiculous.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Hayden on Jan 28, 2017, 07:25 PM
Can you change the maximum # of guardians in each room to 3?  This will prevent dragging and stacking of guards and require the Robber to kill the guards room to room. (Make them stationary even and remove the buy guardian ability)  Having 4 deep rooms of 15+ diamond guardians to get to the vault is a little ridiculous.

Interesting idea!  Let me throw this around the group for some feedback.