Rooms For Rent

Started by Silvix, Aug 30, 2018, 07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvix

What if we made use of the residences in Silvermere (and added more) and made them locked doors with keys that way players who are not in gangs (or gangs that can't get ganghouses) have a place to store items? Charge rent just like you would for a ganghouse (at a reasonable rate) so those players who aren't in a gang or don't want to be in a gang can still have a place to store gear. No guardians or anything just a locked room with a keyring you can spawn multiple keys with for other players you want to allow access to those rooms. I would suggest making the keyring only able to spawn x amount of keys due to the fact that it's NOT a ganghouse and only a few trusted people would have access.

Winterhawk

I started down this path with storage lockers and ran into some concerns so I put it aside for the time being.

1) In gmud we don't have the floor limit of Mmud so one room is as capable of holding an enormous amount of gear as an entire ganghouse is. Adding an imposed limit to each room was on the list of things to look at but no good answer for what to do with gear from someone killed in an already full room could be decided on.

2) Ganghouses are robbable but have the guardians as a deterrent, to make these too secure will lead to simple hoarding of gear but to make them pickable with no defense will make them to easy to just rob.

There are plans to add some more gang houses in the mod 10 expansion, whether they will be in the original areas or just the new ones has yet to be decided...Entrance Paisley Gang House!

Winter

Silvix

Yeah adding gang houses would be great and are needed. What I am suggesting rooms for rent for is for those players who do not want to join or create a gang. Could have guardians in the rooms or some sort of protection or traps of some sort. Running solo is a viable option now with the new gear and areas so I figure why not allow those types of players to have a place to store gear as well?

prezident

Honestly I kind of like the idea, even if it's pretty easy to rob. I am a gang of one and have a gang house for the sole purpose of stashing del@maint stuff I want to keep around in case it's needed. There is nothing in there worth stealing, and if it gets stolen anyway, I'm not going to freak out about it. Outside of the new red house vault, it looks like most vaults are 201+ lockpicks. I've never played a thief, but that seems to be about a lvl 55-65+ thief in my playing with mmud explorer. If the lockers/inn rooms had something like a bit more than half that, so it required a lvl 30-40 thief (just so pretty new characters can't break in), that would allow lower level characters to store that kind of stuff (and they would be the ones who need most of the del@maint stuff).

jim gilmore

I personally would like to see another way to get an item of some benifit similar to what some of the gang house items do but NOt something you need have a membership in some gang to obtain. You make it so that the items goes to a group based on their collective exp. yet I as a solo player may and far more than 50% of what each member of a gang with 20 members has and cannot purchase or obtain any such item...

Xeeg

Why not make the all the ganghouse/storage room doors pickable, but you have to buy a lock that can change it's picklocks number.

Instead of a base 200, make it scaleable but u have to pay.

for example, you can get a 150 lock for 10 runic but if you want to upgrade later to get a 250 lock it costs u 500 runics or something.

That way you have to save and buy if u want to ensure that the highest level thief currently in the realm cant pick it, etc.