GMUD status

Started by Reece, Dec 30, 2005, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valentine

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Mar 27, 2006, 08:37 PM
Grin sounds good to me but you should put in a change sex command though just incase someone hits the wrong key.

TCA

Other games I've been on let you change class/race/gender up until a certain level (level 4 seems to be a pretty common cut off). This allows you to figure out what you want to do with the stats you have as well as gives you time to fix any of those "oh shit" moments that happens when rolling chars.
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

Vitoc

Quote from: Valentine on Mar 28, 2006, 03:10 PM
Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Mar 27, 2006, 08:37 PM
Grin sounds good to me but you should put in a change sex command though just incase someone hits the wrong key.

TCA

Other games I've been on let you change class/race/gender up until a certain level (level 4 seems to be a pretty common cut off). This allows you to figure out what you want to do with the stats you have as well as gives you time to fix any of those "oh shit" moments that happens when rolling chars.
Jane enters the Realm.
Jane is looking down.
Jane says "oh shit, what is that!?!?"
Jane removes her penis.

proteus

The new item restrictions don't remove "illegal" items from you if you had them before the change. And my mage can't use the quarterstaff.

Also

Proteus Genericname         -  Prestidigator

is the coolest title ever, can I permanently have that? It'd be really cool if I was a Kang with that title.

DeathCow

I wouldn't think it would remove them...and the item restrictions for 'staff only' require classok tags so we'll have to wait for that to get coded in.

Vitoc

Quote from: DeathCow on Mar 28, 2006, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't think it would remove them...and the item restrictions for 'staff only' require classok tags so we'll have to wait for that to get coded in.
Odd.  I did code that in.  However, there aren't any class ok tags on the quarterstaff.  wtf?

Vitoc

Quote from: proteus on Mar 27, 2006, 08:57 PM
I just got a free level somehow.. got enough xp for level 3, but it let me train right to level 4 as well.

Same thing with level 5. Seems to be granting two levels for each plateau.
This has been fixed.  Thanks for the heads up.

DeathCow

Oh certain items must be hard coded, probably the ones that were in the database before they added the ability :p

DeathCow

Monsters are rgening on a universal timer rather than a per room/monster timer.

And um

tasloi villager casts net on you for 1 damage!

giggle.

DeathCow

oh and I jumped from needing 68 trillion to level to needing 98 trillion to level.

Vitoc

Quote from: DeathCow on Mar 29, 2006, 03:58 AM
oh and I jumped from needing 68 trillion to level to needing 98 trillion to level.
That old value was the wrong value.  Previously, every 2 levels you got a "free" level.  That was the exp for the "free" level.  Although that's fixed, we still need a better exp formula so it doesn't get so crazy at high levels.

Darmius

This works until about lvl 14:

Total exp for level = (((Class mod + Race Mod) * 2 ^ Level) / Level + 1) * 1000; for level > 2

Race and Class mod would look like: Dwarf = .30   Warrior = 1.0

After that I would go linear instead of exponential and do:

Total exp for Level = (Total Exp for level - 1) + (((Class mod + Race mod) * Level * 5) * 10000 );

Exp table for a Dwarf Warrior:

To make lvl: 2, you will need: 1300
To make lvl: 3, you will need: 2600
To make lvl: 4, you will need: 4160
To make lvl: 5, you will need: 6933
To make lvl: 6, you will need: 11885
To make lvl: 7, you will need: 20800
To make lvl: 8, you will need: 36977
To make lvl: 9, you will need: 66560
To make lvl: 10, you will need: 121018
To make lvl: 11, you will need: 221866
To make lvl: 12, you will need: 409600
To make lvl: 13, you will need: 760685
To make lvl: 14, you will need: 1419946

20: 7 mil
30: 24 mil
40: 48 mil
50: 78 mil
60: 115 mil
70: 158 mil

DeathCow

Not so much....thats like..way f'n off.

The sad part is that its more compicated than I could reasonabily derive.  I'm sure I can work out a better system anyway.

Darmius

Yea i've been playing with the MMud exp numbers and some formulas... wtf are they using?

proteus

Don't know if this is significant, but the training room has a shop listing.

DeathCow

Quote from: proteus on Mar 30, 2006, 08:37 PM
Don't know if this is significant, but the training room has a shop listing.
Its not... :<