GMUD status

Started by Reece, Dec 30, 2005, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

Quote from: DeathCow on Apr 14, 2006, 04:17 PM
That and most of the descriptions in the editting forum are too long :p
How well do you know Syntax?  Maybe you can get him to modify NMR to work with our DB structure?  Most of the logic will be the same, just a different backend.  No descriptions would ever have to be broken up into lines then and length wouldn't be an issue.

Vitoc

Quote from: Thesifer on Apr 16, 2006, 04:18 PM
? Is the server currently up?? I haven't been able to log in.
No, but I will bring it up tonight.? I fixed a few issues yesterday and then got about 75% through the framework for spellcasting and had to leave.? I should be able to get instant spells like healing working tonight although I think it will take some time to get it working well.? Oh yeah, and I was way off on accuracy (on all accounts) but that should be dead on by tonight as well.

Increasing health should now give you bonus HPs (althouth it's currently a constant based on your class's min/max hp gains).? When you reroll you will no longer be keeping your old Max HPs. ;)

Vitoc

Ok.? Accuracy is fixed.? Healing spells work.? Monster combat spells actually do their proper damage now (I think, untested atm).

PS.  The server is up again:  vitoc.com

KalEl

Couple questions...

is whats in the demo going to be in the actual game, because if so im gonna start making paths for megamud and stuff.

Second, if healing spells are working are they available in the demo and if so where?

Thanx

Kal

If Superman is bulletproof, why does he duck when a gun is thrown at him?

Vitoc

No, those 21 rooms I created will probably (see: hopefully) not be in the actual content.? I will add in a low level spell shop tonight so people can at least test healing spells, and combat spells when I get those implemented (hopefully this weekend).

KalEl

:angel5:  sounds good

If Superman is bulletproof, why does he duck when a gun is thrown at him?

Core

Quote from: Vitoc on Apr 16, 2006, 09:32 AM
Quote from: DeathCow on Apr 14, 2006, 04:17 PM
That and most of the descriptions in the editting forum are too long :p
How well do you know Syntax?? Maybe you can get him to modify NMR to work with our DB structure?? Most of the logic will be the same, just a different backend.? No descriptions would ever have to be broken up into lines then and length wouldn't be an issue.

I am a vb.net programmer.

I don't know if I'd be so great at making a Nightmare Redux for Gmud. I haven't actually edited a realm with it and I don't know if I have the basic knowledge of how the program works to do it at all.

I know I could get some basic tool together for editing shops. Especially if GMUD dats work just like MMUD dats. It's sql right?

Vitoc

Quote from: Core on Apr 20, 2006, 09:10 PM
I am a vb.net programmer.

I don't know if I'd be so great at making a Nightmare Redux for Gmud. I haven't actually edited a realm with it and I don't know if I have the basic knowledge of how the program works to do it at all.

I know I could get some basic tool together for editing shops. Especially if GMUD dats work just like MMUD dats. It's sql right?
It's using a SQL database, yes.  Personally, I'd like to see an editor that works on this new format so I don't have to convert from the other format.  However, it's DC's decision since he's taking care of content.

Vitoc

Fixed a couple bugs this morning and added a boring spell shop to the west.  I'm going to concentrate on spellcasting this week.

Core

The speed difference between majormud and greatermud is amazing. I am in awe. I mean we all know worldgroup is a steaming pile of dung but my god.

Hey I found a PC100 128 PIN 128mb ram stick in a computer I was throwing away when I moved. Still need it?

Vitoc

Quote from: Core on Apr 26, 2006, 10:33 PM
The speed difference between majormud and greatermud is amazing. I am in awe. I mean we all know worldgroup is a steaming pile of dung but my god.

Hey I found a PC100 128 PIN 128mb ram stick in a computer I was throwing away when I moved. Still need it?
Yeah, it's definitely a light weight and quick telnet server without all the crap that comes with WG.  As for the RAM, we're using DDR now, but thanks for the offer!

Core

I have a stick of ddr too. It's only 250 megs. 3300 i think and good quality ram.