New Server

Started by Vitoc, Jan 22, 2006, 11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

I picked up a computer today for use as a server for GMUD.

P3 800 mhz, currently with 320 (256+64) megs of RAM (looking for another SDRAM PC133 256 MB chip to use in place of the 64 meg chip, anyone?)

I've got all the software on there (XP, .NET, SQL) and everything seems to be working.? Just need the content now. (nudge DC) ;)

DeathCow

omg...ok fine..ill get it sent this week.

kalus

Does this mean we will get some sort of game up and running in a week or so?

DeathCow

Its not far out...alpha.....isnt far out.

This is alpha for 2 seperate prjects..the code and the content...Its not fonna be a omg wow thing....but yes there will be a show for you to watch.

lumikant

I should be getting a new computer within a month or two, and i got two pc133 sdram 512 meg sticks that i could probably send to you.

Vitoc

Quote from: lumikant on Jan 26, 2006, 04:17 PM
I should be getting a new computer within a month or two, and i got two pc133 sdram 512 meg sticks that i could probably send to you.
Thanks for the offer, we seriously appreciate it.  Unfortunately, this mobo won't accept 512 meg chips. :(  I had one pc133 512 meg chip myself that I was planning on using, but it was a no go.  Luckily I had a 256 meg chip lying around to go with one of the 64 meg chips that came with the box.

I'm considering upgrading the server to another one of my comps my gf is using, and giving her the current server (since she doesn't do any gaming).  It's an Athlon XP 2700 I think, and it's already got 1 gig of RAM and a much larger and faster hard drive.  That would give us more power and room for expansion than we will probably ever use. 

DeathCow

Umm who was it..someone told me they bought out the contents of a computer store...they offered me some stuff..lemme find out who that was.. I'll see if i can fish some stuff off em.

Vitoc

Quote from: Thesifer on Jan 27, 2006, 09:42 AM
Quote from: DeathCow on Jan 26, 2006, 11:01 PM
Umm who was it..someone told me they bought out the contents of a computer store...they offered me some stuff..lemme find out who that was.. I'll see if i can fish some stuff off em.

God if this isn't typical DeathCow.

? "You know someone offered us $100,000 for the game creation, but for the life of me I can't figure out who it was."
:lol:

We NEED more smilies damnit! ;)

DeathCow

Its not my fault...It seemed like something I'd remember...waa.

DeathCow

Ummm just steal all of mudcentrals...they'd love that.

Valentine

Quote from: DeathCow on Jan 27, 2006, 04:23 PM
Its not my fault...It seemed like something I'd remember...waa.

I'd be willing to venture a guess as to why there is a lack of memory...
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

DeathCow

I dont drink anymore..i stopped....at like 2 am.

boob_021

SUUUUUUUUUUUUURE ya did...  (see pic below......mmmmmmmm The Captain is calling the Cow to come to pasture  ;))

The Crazy Animal

Get it right capt. morgan is a low class rum you need to drink appleton its a much better.

TCA

DeathCow

Ah but see I drink captain for 2 bucks for an extra tall at my bar.