PVP Board Item drop on PVP hang

Started by Lazarus, Oct 09, 2010, 01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Quote from: Fuxsiloh on Oct 10, 2010, 02:58 AM
Actually - having said that, why are we even listening to a douchebag like you? You have zero credibility. Go f@$k yourself.

You secretly love me.

Excarkun

Quote from: Lazarus on Oct 10, 2010, 03:15 AM
You secretly love me.

At least he not denying that he did the raiding

Gardner Denver

Keep it on topic please gentlemen...  This isn't about the poster, it's about the idea posted.

Lazarus

Well, I haven't seen much debate to the contrary of my idea, other than how much of a sissy carebear I am, and that I should quit the realm.

I do think Schwagg has a good point however.  If your objective really is to kill someone who is afk scripting (especially if you know they HOS of you), you should bring more firepower to try to kill them.   I think I made a good suggestion that if you are unsuccessful in your attempt, but are able to take more than their total hp, you should get an item drop for your attempt. 

Let me re-iterate what I've said before.  I'm not opposed to the item drops.  I think its a good thing.  However, I do think it needs to be modified.  I feel the reward of keeping someone from afk scripting by hanging their script for a length of time, along with the HP hang penalty, is reward enough, if you aren't able to take at least half the person's total hp. 

The benefit of this suggestion is that it will prevent a user from getting equipment from another user that they did not earn.  I support pvp.  I support script hanging.  I do not support getting free items for not putting effort into it.

I do like Gardner's suggestion that you should not get EP's if the person hangs before you even get a swing off.

I believe there is a healthy balance that can be made.  But, I don't think the game in its current state is there yet.

President

Hello! This is for a PVP Realm
No EP's before a swing is great.
Safe rooms should be taken out, and Halls of the Dead should be one way
Bank should not be a safe room, great place for evils to snag a kill
Hang penalty should be upped, with no item drops:
   50% of your total hps when engaged by someone
   10% of your total hps when not. <-- For people with lag spike problems, you can't blame pvp death on lag in the first place, so quit whining. Enter when your provider has cleared its lag. As far as board side lag, 10% is low enough to deal with. If it's persistent board lag, you are just running another risk of AFK scripting.

An alternative to the 10% thing is 0% hangup penalty when not engaged, but your character stays in realm for 6 rounds (or 30 seconds). When you relog AND enter before the six rounds, your ghost hangs up and it's really you logging in. So if you have lag problems, you know your best bet is to stay out of the Realm until it's over.
There are two advantages that come out of this (alternate) setup. It's better not to hang on sight, because someone has 6 rounds to demolish you. If you are in the middle of PVP, you can make a tactical decision to hang up if you're in combat, so if you're getting bullied by a higher level, the guy doesn't have free reign to wax you over and over. It also promotes staying in the Realm to fight it out rather than hangup (because 50% is pricey). With this setup I think tanks should get 1-2 more hp min/max per level, including warlocks

Also, if you hangup mortally wounded, you should be dead.

Excarkun

Quote from: Lazarus on Oct 10, 2010, 02:47 PM
I do think Schwagg has a good point however.  If your objective really is to kill someone who is afk scripting (especially if you know they HOS of you), you should bring more firepower to try to kill them.   I think I made a good suggestion that if you are unsuccessful in your attempt, but are able to take more than their total hp, you should get an item drop for your attempt. 

No the objective is to get the items you have and if you?re not at keys so be it. It is your choice to go afk, your taking that risk on a pvp realm.
If your referring to Schwagg, he thinks the main goal of mud is ONLY EXP, in a PVE Realm that is dead on. Not, in a PVP realms, were you will see people roll themselves just to get into more PvP action. Getting Exp is like 2girls and thergs said "scripting is a privilege, not a right."

Let me re-iterate what I've said before.  I'm not opposed to the item drops.  I think its a good thing.  However, I do think it needs to be modified.  I feel the reward of keeping someone from afk scripting by hanging their script for a length of time, along with the HP hang penalty, is reward enough, if you aren't able to take at least half the person's total hp. 
No,
That is just again you thinking AFK scripting is a RIGHT. If your only thoughts and goal in mud is getting the most EXP then yea play on PVE(SISSY REALM) mud. Furthermore if your So Scared of losing Items then sell them, trade them or flush them.

The benefit of this suggestion is that it will prevent a user from getting equipment from another user that they did not earn.  I support pvp.  I support script hanging.  I do not support getting free items for not putting effort into it.

I do like Gardner's suggestion that you should not get EP's if the person hangs before you even get a swing off.

THEY did So EARN it if they Caused you and have your Megamud setup to hang on a pvp attack.  The penalties are there to keep you at keys or like others keep saying set your megamud better. If you don't have megamud set up right a AFK scripter is pudding in a pvper (at keys) hands, which you have already witness your self.
Therefore if someone is at keys and they go out of their way to find your script (you at keys or not) and try to get around your megamud safeties and attack you and take the EP's and you hang they EARNED the items or your DP.

Well, I haven't seen much debate to the contrary of my idea, other than how much of a sissy carebear I am, and that I should quit the realm.

Over all you come across as worried about your ITEMS that may or may not drop when you have your Megamud setup to hang on pvp. If you don?t like the way it is setup now.  Well yea all those things don't happen in the Sissy realm. So I would think you be much more happier there.
As far as changing the hang penalties there should be more items you drop like 3 or 4, Or a higher chance of a limited on you to drop at 70%.

I would think if you were to purchase Gmud When it Ever gets that far. There will be all these options for the Mud-op to setup their pvp-penalties- or not penalties how they see fit. I would hope the more options the better so your suggestions should go to the options part of hang penalties.

Cecil

I agree with lazarus to an extent, whether it be drops changed or people sitting in safe rooms changed something needs to happen. I see at least 10-15 people on this realm that do nothing but sit in safe rooms and hit scripts, they only leave those safe rooms to hit scripts, most of us here are adults and have families and jobs to tend to so being at keys is not always an option, i am in no way opposed to being killed that is why i play a pvp realm but it is discouraging losing decent items to someone whom rarely leaves a safe room. If people can sit in safe rooms and wait for afk opportunities to hit my script and get items i would like that same opportunity while i am at keys.

Excarkun

Quote from: Cecil on Oct 12, 2010, 03:53 PM
I agree with lazarus to an extent, whether it be drops changed or people sitting in safe rooms changed something needs to happen. I see at least 10-15 people on this realm that do nothing but sit in safe rooms and hit scripts, they only leave those safe rooms to hit scripts, most of us here are adults and have families and jobs to tend to so being at keys is not always an option, i am in no way opposed to being killed that is why i play a pvp realm but it is discouraging losing decent items to someone whom rarely leaves a safe room. If people can sit in safe rooms and wait for afk opportunities to hit my script and get items i would like that same opportunity while i am at keys.
I can see your point as too not being able to get back at Save room sitters. But then they would do other means of hiding in tomb, halls gh, gh vault or just log off. Over all you just got to have megamud set up better and hope it don't messup.
Maybe once Vitoc gets back he can do something about safe room, I still like a 30 min auto-matic tel-port to up to 4 unsafe rooms. Near Silvermere, and we would all know the 4-or 2 unsafe rooms. So yea I can see people camping them if they can.

schwagg

Quote from: Excarkun on Oct 10, 2010, 06:46 PM
No the objective is to get the items you have and if you?re not at keys so be it. It is your choice to go afk, your taking that risk on a pvp realm.
If your referring to Schwagg, he thinks the main goal of mud is ONLY EXP, in a PVE Realm that is dead on.

I think you're an idiot.

Hydroponic

Gardner Denver

Let's keep the conversation related to the topic not the people responding please.

Prescience

I am highly opposed to Lazarus' idea. I have one of the most decked out Rangers on the pvp board and it makes no sense that if I HoS, my enemies will never have a shot at any of my stuff.

Lazarus' proposal would make item hoarding even worse than it is now. At least now you have to make the choice of whether to script or protect your items, if you implement no item drops unless both players have combat-engaged people will just script 24/7 and HoS with no fear of losing their 'l33t gear'.

Frankly, I think item drops for hanging should be set at 2 for a non-pvp hang (to avoid 'tracks hanging') and 3+ for a pvp hang.

The entire point of a PVP realm is item turnover -- you want to keep your gear go play non-pvp.

Finally, I am fully in support of no safe rooms for the pvp realm ... I think this would address Lazarus' point of being unable to attack script-killers who hide in safe rooms more so than removing item drops.

This game is NOT about gear, people have such personal attachments to their text-based accoutrement it's nauseating.

Silmaril

Quote from: Prescience on Oct 13, 2010, 08:09 AM
I am highly opposed to Lazarus' idea. I have one of the most decked out Rangers on the pvp board and it makes no sense that if I HoS, my enemies will never have a shot at any of my stuff.

Lazarus' proposal would make item hoarding even worse than it is now. At least now you have to make the choice of whether to script or protect your items, if you implement no item drops unless both players have combat-engaged people will just script 24/7 and HoS with no fear of losing their 'l33t gear'.

Frankly, I think item drops for hanging should be set at 2 for a non-pvp hang (to avoid 'tracks hanging') and 3+ for a pvp hang.

The entire point of a PVP realm is item turnover -- you want to keep your gear go play non-pvp.

Finally, I am fully in support of no safe rooms for the pvp realm ... I think this would address Lazarus' point of being unable to attack script-killers who hide in safe rooms more so than removing item drops.

This game is NOT about gear, people have such personal attachments to their text-based accoutrement it's nauseating.

I absolutely agree, while it does suck to lose items, this keeps the item circulation moving, you can lock down your megamud pretty damn tight to prevent a lot of this. There are much bigger issues going on right now than items dropping,  that i would like to see the devs working on.
Lucifer impales you for 5 damage!
Lucifer lunges at at you!
Lucifer skewers you for 3 damage!
Lucifer skewers you for 3 damage!
Lucifer slashes you for 4 damage!
You critically smack Lucifer for 49 damage!
You critically beat Lucifer for 38 damage!
You critically beat Lucifer for 37 damage!
You critically smack Lucifer for 69 damage!
You critically beat Lucifer for 60 damage!
Lucifer drops to the ground!
Lucifer is dead.

therealsoul

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Oct 09, 2010, 02:20 AM
I can see Lazarus point here.  I'm not 100% convinced that item drops for HOS is a good thing.  I do however think that if the item drop is removed in HOS situations, then the EPs earned by the attacker should be voided as well.

I totally agree with this - it really sucks for the characters that have to go out and find magic weapons just to lose it when some doucher hits your script, because we all know its always the good shit that drops  O0

mad

All I am reading in this topic is,

"I don't know how to configure megamud above/beyond the defaults to make my guy safer scripting"

I would look into msg responses, events and playing particular classes/races with abilities which may help you stay safer, ie; gaunt.