Quest to lose EP's

Started by mad, Dec 08, 2010, 08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad

There should be some kind of quest, similar to say the orc-head quest for smash, which allows you to lose 10/20 EP's or so, which can be done once per cleanup.

This item could drop from any mob and appear in your inventory if you are evil, similar to when doing the 3rd neutral quest (fire spirit, ice tear etc)

This would mean that if you were evil you could lose EP's quicker by going out and fighting/scripting rather than just sitting in tomb for a week waiting to go neutral, and active evil players could lose evil quicker by doing 'good deeds'.

Could make the time from villain to neutral 1 week, instead of 3.

My 2 cents.

Mersinary

Maybe these good quest givers dont trust the evil doers...Maybe they think they evil doers are going to do evil deeds again after they do their good deed..sigh

mad

lol, the enhancements are supposed to improve the game..realism can take a semi-backburner

Fermouth

If you made this like, one mob and only one person can get it per day.
It would strike up some pvp probably at the location of the mob.
Definitely would prove interesting.
Broadcast from Stinkyhaze "please dont take me to the bathroom, will"

Jigga

I like the idea, possibly even some kind of sacrifice, like having to lose a life in penance or something
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

The Crazy Animal

I still think the entire EP wanted system needs to be changed. I'd much more like a system of notoriety that only applies to a single area. Like you kill 100 people in one village and your known as x there. You kill 50 in another and your known as Y there. Your actually alignment doesn't have to change however your popular image does. We could even use a kingdom structure you could use a kingdom avg + village structure to make it more complex based on player actions.

Take for example a more modern game like assassin's creed 2 where you can rip up wanted posters or make bribes to reduce your notoriety. So keep in mind there are lots of other options out there from other games that we could bring into play if people would really like to see them in the game.

mad

It would be easy to make an apparatus-type quest which would kill the player 100% on 'use item', making them run back and get their gear, or just go out there naked.

Imagine all the evil players at cleanup, or every 3 hours, or w/e running killing each other to use an unmovable-item, which kills you. =)

Now that would be fun!

50 EP's loss for completing the quest! You sacrifice yourself to the God's! (I like the life idea..)

mad

another quick note - this also opens up the whole 'trading lives for EPs' scenario - which I think is good. blow a spare life to get some ep's back.

maybe make that person who completed the quest that day unable to perform any evil actions until the next cleanup ?

the quest will not allow you go to more than minimum neutral.

Hayden

I think if you stand in town square EP's should burn at an accelerated rate. 
WARNING!! REPENT AT YOUR OWN RISK!