New Item: Exp Egg

Started by Prescience, Dec 08, 2010, 07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescience

I would like to propose the following item be implemented in the pvp-realm.

Exp Egg (Off-hand/wrist item or something): Holder gains 2X exp for each mob killed. Every 30 mins the exp egg announces its exact location to everyone in the realm.

Something like 'Exp beckons you to Loc x, you are drawn to its yolky goodness'

Exp egg drops 1st on ANY hang (pvp or non-pvp related).

As my ideas are better than most, please support this suggestion and implement as quickly as possible.

Regards,
TH/Cornellian

Gardner Denver

Boost regen: Yeah ok.  Monster bait FTW
Boost exp per kill: No.  Not a good idea.

Prescience

I think the exp egg is a good idea since the item acts as a hot potato/beacon for pvp. I have a hard time believing one person would be able to hold onto the exp egg for very long given its added benefit and drawback.

A monster bait type item adds nothing to the game given that there are a ton of instant regen rooms already.

Gardner Denver

It should be coded so it does not multiply exp of limit 1 monsters then.

Prescience

Fair enough, or so that max exp doubled per kill is like 10k or something ... so as not to abuse the hell out of the item.

Jigga

Quote from: Prescience on Dec 08, 2010, 07:16 PM
As my ideas are better than most, please support this suggestion and implement as quickly as possible.

HA!

Agree with Gardner, monster bait would be good, doubling exp, not so good...

I see your point as a PVP token but for one thing people could just script behind closed doors and have someone  keep locking the door.

I'm people would think of a ton of other ways to benefit out of control
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

Zetetic

I actually really like the 2x exp idea. It makes it a really powerful item that everyone would hunt you down for. I would also recommend that it drops upon ANY disconnection or hangup, regardless of PVP status. It should announce it has been dropped and the location immediately. If you take it into a ganghouse/safe room it resets to a random room in silvermere. I don't see this as a good item to keep in the game permanently, it would be an awesome thing that sysops could spawn as a fun event for a day or a week. The other thing is, I have encountered people scripting behind locked doors with people closing the door on many occasions, and I have never yet come across one that I have not been able to get into, it just delays me a bit. And the bonuses of someone wasting their exp gaining time just so that another person can get 2x exp? It's not worth it, despite how many people actually do this. I would even recommend that limit 1 bosses are included in the exp bonus.

I'd also like to see the ability for the egg to be tracked so that you know who has it and for how long. That way a prize could be given to the person that held it the longest.

I've actually seen something very similar to this done in the past on a modified bbs, the item was called the football, and there was a referee bot that disclosed the balls location. It made for some crazy fun pvp.

Hydroponic

The egg should reset anytime the holder went into a safe room too and should reset randomly on a variety of monsters and exp should not include boss monsters or quests

The Crazy Animal

I don't mind the idea at all though I would put in a visual clue such as the player that has it's name appears maybe yellow rather then the normal color. Or that it has to be a worn item which would boost the value of obfuscation spells.