PVP message applied from monsters (PVP Realm)

Started by Torque, Apr 18, 2012, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torque

This feature would make PVP more exciting, and allow for a higher limited item turnover. Also, it's your fault if you die. Or someone else's. Also it would enable Treasure Hunt mode for DP retrieval/stealing.

The purpose of this would be to broadcast someone dying, no matter where they were. It could create a whole slew of new scenarios, from DP retrieval that is time sensitive, as well as hiding spot broadcasting. Remember, if you don't die, then it won't broadcast it. So staying alive gives you an advantage over other people, who failed at that.
Say you were traveling with a bunch of nerds to the webbed lair. "Let's script here for a day or two, while we powerlevel Nerd Mutt!" Everyone rejoices. Except when you wake up, and realize that you were bad at setting up your script AND Nerd Mutt didn't really belong there and he got ponzered. GreaterMUD Intercom would broadcast "Nerd Mutt just got ponzered by a horned spider!" Guess where people are going to be looking for you.
To prevent this condition: stop dying. The more you die, the more advantage people have against you, if that is their goal.

Gnor

So you laugh at the guy who wants to contribute in a different thread...

...then you try to contribute?  ::)

Stalkerr

Quote from: Gnor on Apr 18, 2012, 11:51 AM
So you laugh at the guy who wants to contribute in a different thread...

...then you try to contribute?  ::)

I think his mirth was caused by the...leave a message for Vitoc comment.

I couldnt get behind this idea as it is presented.

Torque

Yeah leave a message was the numero uno joke. The other good one was that... well I'll quote it:

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Apr 06, 2012, 01:35 PM
You can contact him via the forums.

Oh, okay I'll log onto the forums. ?????????????

scrub

Quote from: Torque on Apr 18, 2012, 11:33 AM
This feature would make PVP more exciting, and allow for a higher limited item turnover. Also, it's your fault if you die. Or someone else's. Also it would enable Treasure Hunt mode for DP retrieval/stealing.

you were one of the ones crying about exp tracking, this is far worse!!   youre retarded, just sayin

kalus

One of the worst ideas I've seen in here... but also one of your best Torque.

Torque

Quote from: scrub on Apr 18, 2012, 09:36 PM
you were one of the ones crying about exp tracking, this is far worse!!   youre retarded, just sayin

EXP tracking and noticing messages are two different things. One is a way of bypassing any skill required, and the other would be a hint at a method of gameplay.

Although, congratulations - you win at internet hating.

The Crazy Animal

It reminds me a little of the TLord daily news. It would have to be more fluid for me to say yeah though.