MegaMUD for Gmud test build

Started by Winterhawk, Jul 12, 2013, 11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winterhawk

Hi all,
I have completed a test build for any that want to give it a try. The installer will install a completely separate instance of megamud in the c:\gmegamud folder..it will place a shortcut to gmegamud on your desktop which will autoload a default.ini with what I felt were the most common settings already pre-set. It has the bbs.ini already set up for Greatermud Test Realm non-pvp for now as default. Included in the zip are the files to make winhelp work with vista and newer operating systems..one for 32 bit and one for 64.

First off check and be sure you are running the EBEB-3422-AFAF version as the gmegamud.exe Gardner created will conflict with other versions..there are workarounds to this should you have a different one.

You can either start with the default.ini and set up your character from scratch then save it as a new name or you can copy your current character .ini over into c:\gmegamud\chars and edit 5 lines to make it work in the new install.
The lines you need to edit are:

DataDir=C:\GMegamud
ImportDir=C:\GMegamud
CaptureDir=C:\GMegamud\Capture
DownloadDir=C:\GMegamud\Download

and

BbsName=Greatermud Test Realm No PVP

If you are currently running a registered copy of the AFAF version this will be registered as well.

Go here to get the file and let me know if you run into any issues...bad steps..paths missing..messages missing..etc

http://www.performancepcplus.com/majormud/Megamud%20for%20GMud%20beta%209.zip

Here is a list of the fixes included up to now.

path fixes
7/12/2013

fixed mind flayer magus room...set the room to avoid and made a path around it
made a safer Black Wasteland loop (farther from Mind Flayer Magus) and a complete loop (all but mind flayer room)
fixed the path to black orc boss..it no longer uses the crumbling tunnels to get there so it's much shorter and it now only hits one trap and will disarm it if you have the skill
did some work on the paths in/out of the Black House..it should try to pick the lock as well as use the key now and I increased the number of keys to keep to 2
added a path to/from the Jail for those unfortunate enough to lose gear to the Sheriff
fixed paths to class trainers in silvermere
fixed silvermere sewers paths
fixed Silvermere sewers loop (removed depraved murderer from the path and added him as a destination) and added loops for east half and west half
removed the path link that sent you through green dragons to get to Horner the Hide. It now goes via western road unless you send it to the horner fork (set as avoid) then on to horner
reworked lava fields paths to not use salamander tubes as a midway point
fixed some paths in Crimson Fort and added a second floor loop
added a loop in the Temple of Fire (crimson priests area)
unlinked the loops for fungus forest and hazy swamp
reworked paths in crypt (should handle the first level door opening better) and level 11 quest halls and added some loops for level 2 and level 3
made a new faster path to Spectral Knight (yay!) it will still retry once since it sees the closed pasage as a failure, then retries
fixed wererats loop
reworked paths through Negative power plane to avoid regen rooms where possible
added paths from mudpits in jungle to each other and to tree of life avoiding Mamba regen rooms
added some loops in Tasloi area..split upper and lower into separate loops and made a reverse complete loop
made loops that hit the mamba and gnome merchant regen rooms (the merchant loop avoids mamba rooms)
made a shorter path across reef to sandy beach if you already have a golden idol, added some loops on the lagoon reef including a loop for coral lobsters
reworked duergar area so the Duergar lord room can be avoided by the loop and added a reverse loop
reworked shadowfist temple to remove Dread mystic from loop and added a reverse loop
added a reverse loop for Rhudaur and made all loops convert cash in step
made the path to/from Rhudaur pick the door as well as use the key
added loop for kobolds without kobold king
fixed loops in rakshashas
fixed loops in saracens
added a path to massive black worm and added some better loops in worms
worked on dark-elf castle paths and added a few loops
added some loops  in the Hilltop Fortress (slavers)
added some small loops for Amazon Shamans and fixed the large lost city loop
added a missing regen room to the stone giant encampment loop and added a loop that includes the Stone Giant Chieftain
added some loops in storm fort including a reverse loop
reworked the split between Barren Hills and Hill Giant Fort to make the Fort a more distinct script option
Added a 3rd Barren Hills loop in the center that overlaps the east and west side some
added a loop for the small area outside Lalim Whitemane on Storm Mountain
made a black fort loop without bosses
worked on the darkened tunnels paths to new master assasin, only the spell traps aren't searchable so the rest are now set to search out so no more double trap hits on non-trap characters when they go through the non-spell traps at least.
tweaked great pyramid paths and added a loop for the top floor animal-headed warriors
added paths from Horner the Hide to Great Green Dragon and back
added new loops for green dragons including a loop that just hits babies and hatchlings and added a few regen rooms to the small inner loop and made 2 more separate loops (one north and one south)
split black dragons into dragons and hatchlings loops
added a better loop for manscorpion shamans
tweaked goblin caves loops and added some reverse loops in training area and gladiators
fixed path to minotaur champ (it may still be a bit glitchy due to the database room exits being messed up but it works better)
added a loop for the giant snakes in the watery tunnel under the Minotaur champ
added an easier white dragons loop that skips the 2 rooms that regen 3 adolescent dragons and a loop for the white dragons instant regen room
added loops for ice wraiths/golems in frozen tunnels area of the Rocky trail
added a shorter path from King Kulgar to Loremaster
added a requested path to Remik in the Guild of the Ebon Blade
added paths for all 3 level 66-75 easy trainer paths..they start from where you are teleported after buying the training key.
added paths to Hedge Maze and Hedge Maze Bosses and a Hedge Maze loop under a new heading of Ancient Fortress
added a path from eastern road to northern road running south of Crystal lake
added a path that takes you through all of the Midnight Unicorn's regen rooms
added some more efficient paths in Blackwood Forest...to/from Webbed Lair and to/from Webbed Lair/Arlysia
reworked paths to Darken Beast Lord, Dreadlord of Blood, and Ancient Gypsy Woman to avoid the garden and shortened Dreadlord paths
made the easy Blackwood forest garden loop easier
added a few instant regen type rooms in Blackwood Forest
rewrote the paths in the Mod 9 graveyard to avoid Deathshrieker regen rooms where possible, there was no way to avoid the one on the way to Death Minion so it is set to not stop or fight in it
added 2 loops for the Mausoleum
added a loop/loops for the Darken Beast Lord area
added paths to/from the Blackwood Forest Mountain Trail (the proposed start of mod 10) and a small loop for the area
added in the 8 path split for webbed lair
added a few instant regen type rooms in Blackwood Forest
added a known room and path from the silver river dock in case you wander out into the river it ought to bring you back to the docks
added a few paths in silvermere that will allow you to avoid Town Square if you set it as avoid
reworked the paths to/from Fire Twins so there is a known room a few steps out before the magma drips start in case you want to rest and prepare or are afk and also set the magma drip rooms on the path to not fight/rest
added 2 loops in the Sandstone Mine (spiny tentacles)
added a path from Morukai back to Caves of Chaos and adjusted the path to him to ask shadow guard orfeo rather than just ask guard orfeo
made paths to and from Ancient Sand Dragon (both neutral and hostile rooms)

Database Work
removed the line feed for the sounds in Silvermere, Darkwood forest, and Blackwood forest (it sometimes made megamud lose it's place..especially in Silvermere)
added damage messages for extra damage on all weapons
corrected chainmail hauberk entries and some head items..woodelf lord..enigma lord..etc. so they are in the existing database now and not added as new items
added messages for all area spells so megamud recognizes and counts area spell damage in the round damage counter
added some monster entry messages
changed a few attack priorities
changed the swamp message so it doesn't flee now...the addition of black dragons in the swamp made running away a bad idea
added a few messages to help megamud recognize the end of a spell...sandstorm..globe of darkness..tasloi net..giant skeleton shriek..convulsions..web cocoon..banshee wail..entangle...hold/paralyze...etc.

Winterhawk

anjinsanus

So... I installed it, ran it from a new directory, coped my chars over, and I got the error message saying my character isn't in the chars folder (it was most definitely).  Now neither copy of gmegamud will work.  It just gives that error and closes. Ideas (besides reinstalling mega again)?

Winterhawk

Does it work with the default.ini that preloads with it? Also you may need to uncheck the autoload last ini box or it may try to load the other megamud inis.Also did you edit the ini after you copied it over to the new folder and are you certain you are loading the one you edited and placed in the gmegamud folder?

anjinsanus

I didn't do anything besides copy the .ini's over from one to the other.  I didn't try the default one, frankly, because I'm lazy and didn't want to input everything again.  I think I did have that checkbox checked.

Winterhawk

ok..you have to edit the inis in 5 places..reference the first post...that points them to the new location..the default.ini is set to point there by ...default :) but existing ones need to be edited in notepad  and saved once moved.

the lines that have to be changed are

DataDir=C:\GMegamud
ImportDir=C:\GMegamud
CaptureDir=C:\GMegamud\Capture
DownloadDir=C:\GMegamud\Download

and

BbsName=Greatermud Test Realm No PVP

anjinsanus