As I PO0Ownd'er Greatness....

Started by Achilles, Jul 26, 2006, 11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achilles

At any point throughout this process of creating the greatness has anyone been contacted by Metro  :bananahump: ?

Thought maybe they might want to ask some questions..find out whats going on.... . .  do they even care?

Vitoc

Quote from: Achilles on Jul 26, 2006, 11:52 AM
At any point throughout this process of creating the greatness has anyone been contacted by Metro? :bananahump: ?

Thought maybe they might want to ask some questions..find out whats going on.... . .? do they even care?
I think the general concensus is they just don't care.

Since it's not our intention to use their content and our primary reason for using the same look and feel is MegaMUD compatibility we're really not hurting anyone.? I don't know about DC but I can honestly say I would not have done any of this work if Metro had continued to update the game, but alas they have all but officially abandoned it.? Their refusal to tell people what's really going on (or in this case what really isn't) is a slap in the face to all of us who have played and scripted in their game hoping that one day they might release Mod 10.?

I don't know exactly how many of us mudders are still left, but I saw enough interest to go out and actually do something about it.? For them to take action against us now would be the nail in the coffin for their game.? A company that has completely ignored it's users for years, but takes the initiative to stop those same users from finding a way to continue enjoying the game is a company that doesn't deserve to have those users.?

What if they did take action?? Honestly, we'd find a way around it, getting away with as much as possible and fighting them every single step of the way.? In the end, we have a capable and dedicated programmer as well as someone dedicated to content, and several testers waiting patiently in the wings.? We've got the codebase with most of the functionality already working in a language and database system that wasn't created in the 80's.? Our project will be greater in every conceivable way than the original Major MUD, and that's is why the name GreaterMUD was non-negotiable.