Started by Vitoc, May 09, 2006, 01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

To check out the progress telnet to: greatermud.com

*** Please note this changed on 12/27/07 ***

Vitoc

Quote from: Thesifer on May 09, 2006, 01:46 PM
A bit Pretentious aren't we?
If a certain someone hadn't registered the greatermud.com domain for the forums, I could use it for the actual game. :P? So it's either vitoc.com (that expires in another month) or remember the IP in numeric format, especially since donations (donations? there's a donations section? what? ???) aren't exactly pouring in.

Anyone know if there is a way to send certain port requests to certain IPs at the DNS level?? If so it would be nice if we could forward telnet requests to the GMUD server IP, so then I wouldn't have to appear so... well, pretentious. ;)

Vitoc

Quote from: Thesifer on May 18, 2006, 08:24 AM
We have enough donations to purchase another domain name if you have something in mind :)
Someone suggested we get a subdomain, like play.greatermud.com or something similar.? I would think that might be cheaper and definitely more prctical than a brand new domain.

Btw, mine expires in like 6 days.

Hmm.... after thinking about it, maybe this is a better idea.? Let's transfer greatermud.com to point to the actual gmud server, and we'll get forum.greatermud.com or forums.greatermud.com to point to the forums.? That way when people want to log in to play they can just telnet to greatermud.com, and I'll put a redirect at greatermud.com/forums to point to the forums.

Vitoc

Thesifer.  Since your host sucks, let's have greatermud.com point to the gmud server's IP.  We'll purchase another domain for the forums, and I'll just put a redirect at greatermud.com/forums to go to whichever domain you purchase.

I'm thinking like gmudforums.com or greatermudforums.com unless anyone else has a better suggestion.

I'll be losing vitoc.com any day now.  In case we don't get the transfer/purchase done in time, if anyone needs the IP it's 70.143.14.206.