Tried to login to no avail...

Started by Armymp183, May 30, 2006, 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armymp183

First off I would like to say how great (mind the pun) it is to see a new MajorMud Esque project getting started. I used to run a WG BBS with MajorMud on it a long time ago. Recently I have been bored with battlefield 2 and figured on a whim i would see if anyone still plays MM and to my surprise people still are. I started up a new char. on another board somewhere and while looking around for some hints on starting my char. i came across this board. After reading alot of what you guys have been writing i cant wait to try out (and hopefully help) this new mud. I did try to log on though and it hung in your menu screen. Am i doing something wrong or do you only have the server up at certain times?

The Crazy Animal

I've been in the realm all day and haven't gotten hung yet. So it might have just been a connection issue that knocked you off. I would try again and see what happens.

Valentine

I've been in since last night. I just logged out to see what would happen, and it appears to be hanging here:

QuoteTGS v.1.0 Build 0                                     
The Official Greater MUD Server                       
Please enter your name or "new": Valentine             
Please enter your password: *****************                   
Welcome to The Official Greater MUD Server, valentine!
Please choose one of the following options:           

G : Greater MUD (0.5.2340.41)                         
P : Change Password                                   
X : Logoff                                             

Please make your selection: G   

It's been sitting there for about 2 minutes.
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

Armymp183

That is excatly where is hangs for me.

Valentine

30 minutes later and it's still there. I think it's safe to say it's jacked  ;)

The status bar at the bottom of mega says "Logging on..."

Same story in telnet (minus the status bar).

On trying again, it also tells me that I'm already logged in. It never gets to the "For some reason blah blah blah" message though.
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

DeathCow

Its cause I royally f'd it up this time :P

Hasrobcu

Yeah it hasn't let me back on since I hung about 5 hours ago. I try about every half hour but sit there on the "g" screen. It allows me to logoff fine, however, if I replace the G with the X in mega. Then it doesn't give me the message about still being logged on, but even if I've logged off, it won't let me on.

The Crazy Animal

Ok the server is being restarted. So you should be able to log in again soon.