Child-safe GreaterMud?

Started by Makaveli, Jul 13, 2012, 01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makaveli

With all the talk about the antics and trolling in PVP mud, I wondered if a child safe realm had ever been considered. My 12 yr old daughter keeps asking if she can play, and I have to say "No, there's some bad people on there." I certainly don't want her reading what I write sometimes... Anyways just a thought. I remember when I first started playing mud at 14, and what an adventure it was. Too bad we couldn't bring in another generation of mudders.

Gardner Denver

The non pvp realm is probably as close as we'll come to having a child safe realm.  The problem with teen muds is that they attract teens.  Then you have a bunch of teen children who act like the current crop of 20+ year old children we have in pvp.  Then there are all the legal issues around protecting under aged children from predators and inappropriate content.  Finally there is no way in hell I'm oping another realm.

Jigga

And aside from your daughter who probably sees you play and thus develops a curiousity towards the game I doubt any teenager is going to have ANY interest in playing.

They have real games now.
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

Crabster

Quote from: Jigga on Sep 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
And aside from your daughter who probably sees you play and thus develops a curiousity towards the game I doubt any teenager is going to have ANY interest in playing.

do u cheat at those games also?

mr sinister

I seriously doubt any "youngsters" are going to find this place without parental intervention. but my suggestion. There are like a million other MMUD hosts out there that are not for beta testing, and I doubt your daughter is really going to contribute to the testing of this realm. LOL. child safe realm huh? Hey, Dad, children should not be in chat rooms. GMUD is a chat room by all means. Also, if you really really really thought that was a good idea, I have heard of turning off gossips and ignore. Works great. :P

mr sinister

fine. but i could list 10. but i wont.

Stalkerr

Quote from: mr sinister on Sep 26, 2012, 08:37 PM
fine. but i could list 10. but i wont.
10..hurm.  New math.

mad

When I was 12, mmud was not a safe place, even with profanity filters. do you really want to let your 12 year old daughter loose on our board? perhaps record a FRAPS of your megamud and show her how boring it is. Perhaps introduce her to a game designed for this century. If you want her to turn out like us go ahead. ;)

Vile

Do everything in your power to keep her away from this soul destroying game.

Vitoc

It's threads like these that make me wonder why I bother sometimes.

If you don't like the game then leave already; I won't miss you, I promise.  Nobody is forcing you to play.  Nobody is forcing you to stick around.  I didn't spend all that time coding and keep everything running just for some of you to bitch about how boring or out of date the game is.

mad

Because letting go of mud may signify .. real life ..

Torque

Quote from: Jigga on Sep 26, 2012, 09:41 AM

Quote from: Crabster on Sep 26, 2012, 10:25 AM
do u cheat at those games also?

ahhhhahahhahaah i just woke someone up. Jigga sorry bro the cheat aura will never leave that name, though it is entertaining as hell apparently