Previous topic - Next topic

mr sinister

out of the blue now when i try to run megamud i get the error

"Your INI file does not appear to be within "Chars"
sub-directory. Please check that the correct INI file has
been loaded and that Megamud is installed properly."

so i tried re-installing
i still get the same error, even in a different folder and new install
any ideas or has anyone else had this problem?

Stalkerr

I get this when my comp has INI files set to open in megamud automatically and a accidentally try to open an ini that isnt megamud related.  You can fix this by opening an ini in the char sub-directory

Zetetic

I find you get this because one of your Megamud config files or registry entries has the Megamud path incorrect.

The path for Megamud in the registry is generally:
HKCU\Software\Gwiz\Megamud
and
HKCU\Software\G-Wiz Pty. Ltd.\Megamud..... (if using Winterhawks Megamud for Greatermud)

Or the INI file you may need to edit is in the Megamud program directory, under folder 'chars'. Open and look through both the default and the one named for your characters, specifically at the ones that mention Dir and make sure that it is set to the correct locations of those folders on your computer.

Good luck.

Vitoc

If we had a thumbs up smiley I'd use it here.  ;D  8)

Hurricane Omega

If the advice above doesn't help, in Windows 7 verify that you have write permissions on the directory that the char INI file is in.  Windows 7 defaults to read only and that can cause problems when you try to make character specific updates.

Gardner Denver

Also make sure you did not install Mega into the default location.  You'll have to install it somewhere other than program files folder.