GreaterMUD Live!

Started by Ice_Hole, Jan 06, 2006, 03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice_Hole

This is something that might be kind of fun.  As playing by hand is a LOT of fun, expecially with new areas to explore, etc.

Maybe make 2 modes of GreaterMUD.  Have the normal, designed for scripting setup.  And a 2nd, designed for playing by hand setup.  This can involve a few things.  Add some sort of Vortex/NPP for the hand relm that isnt in the script relm.  Also change exp a little.  Make mobs in live relm be worth a little more, but make bosses less (Or else people login for 15 minutes, kill boss, and logout).  Also make boss regen time lower for the Hand played version.  So the boss exp may work out to the same per hour if you did nothing but kill one boss, BUT it will make thoes bosses more readily available.  For a live relm, do away with anything over a 48 hour regen.

Last live mud I played in in MajorMUD was a joke because of the boss exp.  They were constantly dead.  If you missed killing one of your bosses, the jackass from Isreal would start killin it, and it would then regen at 4am or so when they got home from work.  Just isn't too fun.  You are stuck doin all the work tryin to lvl, while some idiot logs in for an hour and make more than you have in 9 hours of loopin your area.

- Ice_Hole

Squidward

Yeah, and then we call name it DCPI.

Ice_Hole

Hey, there ya go :)

Did you play there?  DGPI?

I have been missing a good live relm.  They are fun once they are established (The first few weeks a board is open sucks, everyone just haulin arse to lims.)  Could fix that to.  None of thoes first kill gets the drop.  Make the drop rate hold true the entire game.

- Ice_Hole

DeathCow

It is a perfectly reasonable idea to make in realm differences to create different type realms.  Myself, and others that I have spoken with seem to like the idea of making a more OLARP type realm.  Exactly how you'd set a realm to make this possible is..difficult.  We could easily make the realm not work in megamud though.