Poll for rules changes to pvp

Started by Gardner Denver, Jan 27, 2010, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Settings for PVP

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: Jan 30, 2010, 09:35 AM

Gardner Denver

You can vote for multiple items, if there are others you'd like to see then put them in a post for discussion

y2duhh

y2duhh

Quote from: y2duhh on Jan 27, 2010, 09:57 AM
unlimited pvp level please.

let me rephrase that -> Unlimited PVP Level and Unlimited Lives theres no need to reroll people and if you are playing this game to reroll people you need to get a life, most of us that play this game now are adults and don't (let me rephrase that) shouldn't have the free/spare time to spend hunting down people, camping them and rerolling them. If you do have that kind of time maybe you should look into more of a social life.

Excarkun

if your going to have a rule on dupes how many?
I say just 1 if they are allowed.

I like the idea of if died by a possible game bug you might get a life back.
But buying lives , should be made really hard and that maybe limited to 2 per lvl or week and  very costly..

Excarkun

Quote from: y2duhh on Jan 27, 2010, 09:59 AM
let me rephrase that -> Unlimited PVP Level and Unlimited Lives theres no need to reroll people and if you are playing this game to reroll people you need to get a life, most of us that play this game now are adults and don't (let me rephrase that) shouldn't have the free/spare time to spend hunting down people, camping them and rerolling them. If you do have that kind of time maybe you should look into more of a social life.

sounds like you don't want to play in a pvp realm then.. getting rerolled is always a possibility..but it really not that easy unless you let it happin. If you have one life and enter the realm or leave a safe room with out protection and let say you also engage in a pvp fight or fights, then that's your mistake and stupid move.

LordZoma

Dupes in the PVP realm would be stupid.

Jigga

Please keep in mind when deciding on PVP that there are hang penalties.

So unlimited PVP means when you're level 50, some little level 5 guy can come attack your script and make you possibly drop that beloved Darkbane you busted your ass to get :)
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

y2duhh

Quote from: Excarkun on Jan 27, 2010, 10:06 AM
sounds like you don't want to play in a pvp realm then.. getting rerolled is always a possibility..but it really not that easy unless you let it happin. If you have one life and enter the realm or leave a safe room with out protection and let say you also engage in a pvp fight or fights, then that's your mistake and stupid move.

I want unlimited pvp and in that kind of realm you need an option of buying unlimited lives or small people get rerolled alot by people 20+ levles

Feetprints

yk I have a problem with the dupes thing only because I'd like to play and can't.
Too bad the powers that be don't have the time to do a voice verify so they know I'm me and not Gar... I mean Xan.
'Course then you'd have people have their non playing gf/wife talk to whoever called so they could have a dupe anyways. Bleh.
Ariel gossips: my tits just grew :(

Tragedy

A) Lives should be given out, but better then that is the ability to buy them, whatever the cost may be.  This is a Beta realm first, pvp realm second. No "tester" should face the reroll challenge. Big thanx to Gard for hooking me up w/ some lives, I would of been rolled had it not been for him, and probably wouldn't even play anymore.
B) PvP lvl doesn't matter but the problem with unlim lvl pvp is there is enough people hoarding items now, not gonna mention names of anyone, but image how bad it would be if those ppl could kill anyone? Jeez might as well make everyone quit now.
C)Look what dupes did to pve realm. Realm 2 is one of the most challenging bbs's I've been on in my life, (half way due to my shitty char) but second so because it only allows 1 char. Dupes would change the aspect totally, and Also note how different the realms are now, pve dupe, pvp 1 char.........Go ahead and guess which realm is funner...

These realms can't make everyone happy but it appears you have 2 options that seem to appease most, why mess with success?

Gardner Denver

Here's my thoughts on lives.

1st off, it doesn't matter to me either way.  I can give them out until we have something in place for players to buy them.  However if we go this route, then I will give lives to everyone.  I would automate it just like I have over on the non pvp realm.  It's impossible for me to prove or disprove a bug caused a death and I really don't want to get into the whole drama of the realm.  My concern is first and foremost to keep the people playing and testing.

Secondly, I really like Pentagruels idea of a scaled fee.  At level 60 when you're looking at many million points to level that 1 life is FAR more valuable to you than it is at level 1 when you need 1000 points to level and should there fore cost you more money.

kalus

Bigger issue is limited item hoarding by stashing stuff all over the realm where it is never to be found.

I would suggest Gardner randomly reset items that are clearly stashed for large periods of time and are not used

Zetetic

Quote from: kalus on Jan 27, 2010, 06:44 PM
Bigger issue is limited item hoarding by stashing stuff all over the realm where it is never to be found.

I would suggest Gardner randomly reset items that are clearly stashed for large periods of time and are not used

I agree that many limited items ended up being hoarded. As one of the offenders here (I had access to a great deal of the realms limited items for a large period of time), I was not really pushed to keep my items in circulation. Admittedly, I and all of my gang members wore our limited items almost all of the time - and people did not really push us into losing them (respect goes to Blade as the only person to snag a kill on me) meaning that we never needed to delve into the 'backup' of limited items. I think that limiteds left untended on the ground longer than a single week should be reset, but the problem with this is that it creates a large amount of work for whoever is willing to op for us crazy pvp people. You cannot have 'random resets' as that opens the game up to complaints of abuse - we've had enough trouble with that even when we did have a set of clearly defined limited item rules.

And of course it is only now, after writing all of that that I think 'this should really be raised as a seperate thread' as it is a different issue entirely.

Ariel

Why does nobody talk of "NO DUPE" in the PVE realm?

SluTFisHy

Quote from: Ariel on Jan 27, 2010, 10:26 PM
Why does nobody talk of "NO DUPE" in the PVE realm?
Cause it's dumb. Only people who just want to roam a realm of boredom play PVE, let them have their imaginary friend.
Listen peeps, *I INSULT PEOPLE*, thats what I do.

So when I respond to a forum, I insult people equally, I dont descriminate.

It's just me adding salt and pepper to a conversation.

Don't take anything to heart. Nubs.