metaphysicist

Started by Reece, Jan 03, 2006, 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

Another class idea.

Metaphysicist: They use complex maths to change the enviroment around them into what they need.

Basically this class will summon weapons and armours for thier own use. You can have them expire after so long or disperse on death. ?I was thinking they would have an energy stat that doesnt recharge so they have to go collect power cells in order to use thier summon spells. They should be good warrios with normal weapons but thier truly good ones will be hard to aquire the formulas for and require considerable energy to transmute.

Momma always said there were gonna be days like this.... she just never said there would be so many in a row.

DeathCow

That is truely bizzare.  I can see this concept being used for something, but metaphysicist as a class type in a fantasy genre doesn't seem to click.

No pirates either..and least not sea shanty singing flamer pirates.

Reece

Well you can change the name and how they go about it. Hell you can make them collect daisies for energy and call it girl power.

Momma always said there were gonna be days like this.... she just never said there would be so many in a row.

DeathCow

Quote from: Reece on Jan 03, 2006, 12:53 PM
Well you can change the name and how they go about it. Hell you can make them collect daisies for energy and call it girl power.
Now there is an idea.  I was just saying ya know.  Its an interesting concept.  It has unique abilities but I don't know that it fills a unique niche.  It seems that this kinda class would overlap other melee classes.  What would give this class a unique reason to exist?

Reece

Well thier armours could have specific sets that truly ward certain types of damages making them the choice tank in certain places. It also gives some variety to melee classes. For those who want something other than jsut another plain old warrior.

DeathCow

Quote from: Thesifer on Jan 03, 2006, 02:06 PM
So like, a warrior with something to do? :)

Thinking outside the box is the best thing to do for new classes though. When you want to implement a new class, I can't see any harm in thinking of the most out there thing you could possibly imagine, and then making part of it work.

Otherwise how did we get the classes we have come to know today.

I like the idea of a class that can summon items, although not sure how well it would work in practice.

Don't get me wrong, its a neat idea.  I just need a niche for this class to fill.  What else will it do?  Is it just a melee class?  Maybe should have show other abilities?  Maybe spell reflection by % or large damage sheilds, or maybe even be a pet hybrid, summoning animated weapons and tools.

Reece

There yah go some of the weapons fight on thier own. So basically persistent damage spells. Tickers are so absolutely wonderful.

DeathCow

I like that idea, a class that can focus on melee and becomes more powerful the longer the fight goes on.  Cheap mana effecient tick spells and summoned npcs.  I like where this class is going.

Reece

I was also thinking they could have skills that reduce players mana points for pvp. Not reduce the max but drain them away. Since as i was intending the class wouldnt be able to regen mana on thier own.

Edit

this would be the evil side of the class btw

DeathCow

I have no intention of making classes that are set to be either good or evil.  And sense monsters have no MP, and I don't want to give them MP, that would make for a very useless character.  So they gotta rgen their own mana.

Reece

That was intended to skills for evil characters of that class. Good and neutral cold have others. Not going to post much tonight tired from building part of a barn today ill catch up tommorrow.

DeathCow

Quote from: Reece on Jan 04, 2006, 05:06 PM
That was intended to skills for evil characters of that class. Good and neutral cold have others. Not going to post much tonight tired from building part of a barn today ill catch up tommorrow.
Oh I'm sorry I didn't follow.