A missy's diary

Started by DeathCow, Aug 07, 2009, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathCow

I dunno when I wrote this, but i thought ti was kinda amusing

Its apparently a missionary, on day one of a fresh reset bbs :)
A Diary Of A Missionary

Day 1: Orochi, my gypsy friend, convienced me it was time to make our fortunes in the world.  At first I was skeptical. Was there room in the world for two poorly trained fighters to make a sucess of themselves? Or would I end up spending my days with the healer in Silvermere, sending warriors and paladins to speak to the Guildmaster and Annora. Orochi seemed confident, and oddly stout for a half-elf, but he seemed poorly lacking in other attributes. Now, I suppose i have little room to complain, as I was nothing more than an very healthy Kang, but I felt like I had a little wisdom to boot.

Orochi was a little behind that morning, so while he was getting ready I decided I'd explorer the old mansion. It was haunted! These ghost were mean too. Fortunately they seemed to be slow, and I stayed one step ahead of them. I timed my steps as I explored and finally I came upon a locked door guarded by an astral shade. He was quite capable of dispatching me as I didnt dress very warm that morning, and he seemed to have a desire to freeze me to death, five more seconds in that room with the astral shade and I'd have been a goner. But after several failed attempts to pick the lock on the door, I gave up and kicked the door down the old fashion way. I entered the room in a hurry, and closed the door behind me.  I wouldnt have anymore encounters with that nasty shade.  I took this chance to rest while I searched the room.  There was an aged desk with a curiously opened drawer that drew my attention.  I glaced inside and found a golden locket attached to a shimmering silver chain. Opening the locket there was a picture of beautiful woman.  I found myself wondering who the locket could belong too.

It was around that time I felt that Orochi was ready.  It was at this time, that he contacted me telepathically telling me to 'comeback'. I let him know that I wanted to see if I could find he locket's owner, and I told him that maybe he could get some gear put together and meet me at the bank near the townsquare.  He agreed and got to work.

Suddenly I heared a noise from beyond the door, and it sprang open. I laughed at the astral shade's efforts as I slammed the door back shut every time he opened it.  When the noise stopped I crouched down and peered beyond the door.  The shade seemed tranquil so I attempted to sneak past him. As I entered the room I noticed some padded armour that I hadn't seen before.  I carefully collected the armour, and let Orochi know that I wouldnt need any armour. As I headed back outside of the mansion I caught the attention of several ghost, but fortunately other explorers caught the ghosts' eyes as I made my way out. 

I decided I'd search the slums for the locket's owner.  Luckily I walked right to the locket's owner, like I has some sixth sense as too where it belonged. I was rewarded for my effort and headed to the bank.  I wanted to buy some expensive gear with my new fortune, but Orochi convinced me to let him do the shopping.  I was quite happy as he returned with much more money than I would have.  He brought back a full suit of leather armour for both him and myself, and sturdy battle axes.  I liked the feel of the battle axe in my hands, but it looked like he strained under the weight of the heavy axe.

We didnt know what we were capable of but as always Orochi knew what to do. We ran to the graveyard to get some experience with these weapons, and as we approached the bridge I puzzled for a momment over my skills.  Was I trained enough to lead stealtily?  It seemed to take a long time as I was never sure about my footing, so I figured while I was leading I'd sprint and not worry about being seen. Orochi seemed to be stealthier than me, but I often heard him slip on rocks and debris as we made our way north.  We got to the gate and I got frustrated trying to pick the lock, so I decided I'd get more practice with lockpicking before I tried to picklocks in the field again.  For now I'd just bash down obsticles in my way.

We crossed the bridge into the graveyard and bashed a zombie with our weapons.  The zombie was tough, but we took it down quickly. The only worker in the graveyard looked at us and stood there silent, Orochi glared at him and told me that we could not stand for this rudeness, the gravedigger would need to be taught a lesson.  Orochi snuck behind the gravedigger and slashed him with his battle axe.  The gravedigger seemed oddly unphased by the giant wound on his back and turned a swung his shovel at Orochi knocking him to the ground.  I acted quickly a dragged him to safety.  I made use of the minor healing scroll Orochi brought me from Newhaven and healed him. Orochi was enraged, and I agreed.  We attacked the gravedigger together this time, and he fleed leaving his shovel behind.  Orochi grabbed the shovel and decided the gravedigger needed more of a lesson, and he began to undo the diggers work, unearthing corpses and treasures that they were buried with.  I was surprised at the odd things people were buried with, but I was quite excited when we found a glowing broadsword and a bladed staff.  Though neither of us were trained to use these items, they were expensive and we quickly sold them when we returned to town.  After a while w got bored digging up graves, and Orochi snapped the shovel in two over his knee and laughed.  I didnt think it was necissary but I've learned to not question my evil minded friend.  We sent a few of the undead back to the grave and headed back to town. 

Day 2: We stopped by the adventures guild and worked out with this wonderful training machine, and when we felt we were done I felt stronger. Orochi seemed to be getting stronger too.  We left our money in the bank and went into the sewers where we ran into a young ranger.  He was killing the vermin in the sewers and seemed as experienced as we were, though not as well trained. We searched around killing the rats and orcs that poped up on the way, and found a hole in the wall.  We ducked into the hold and inside a giant cave worm attacked us.  Fortunately it was slow and stupid, and we made hit and run attacks on it learning more about our weapons and defence with each run.  And it seemed that every time we killed one a new one appeared. Although the cave worms hit hard when they hit, we were able to quickly rest off the damage thanks to my minor healing magic. Well it didnt take long for us to be ready to head to town, we headed back to the guild to see if we could learn more there, and when we were finished we headed back to the cave worms.  We spent some time there when dozens of friends showed up.  We figured this menace could be handled by them so we left for greenier pastures.  We took a secret passage, that Orochi knew about, to get around the toll and headed for the forest. We purchased a couple ropes and headed down into the valley. We avoided most of the monsters in the area but the wild dogs seemed too good to pass up.  We got bored quickly however and headed back to town.

Day 3: We were a little lazy and only adventured as far as the crypt, we noted a passage that we couldnt pass, we would need more training first.

Day 4: Orochi was feeling adventurous today, and we decided it would be ammusing to go streaking. We knew minotaurs were bashful creatures so we headed to their island.  We made a mad dash around the place laughing as the undead as they fled in horror from my hideous kang body.  Orochi seemed to know where he was going, which was good cause we didnt want to run in circles.  He knew some secrets of the island and we made our way through the labyrinth. We ran past a disgusting blob that reminded me of my ex, Shannon, maybe it was the way it giggled its tremendous bulk..