Party Defense

Started by President, Nov 13, 2010, 08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President

For example, a ninja comes and backstabs a warrior. The warrior is in a party with a Saint aligned priest. The warrior is evil, so the ninja doesn't have to cloud. Because the ninja is good aligned, the priest can't attack the ninja without clouding. This concept is to allow party defense -- the priest can successfully swing on the ninja without being charged EP's.

Crabster

what happens when a party of 5 goes to see another party of 5 lets say, the leader from party A attacks leader of party B....thats one cloud, so party B can retal on the leader of party A, well then party A can retal on party B, all of this with no clouds except for the initial one? i voted yes btw, wink

President

The result is that one cloud can be the reason for a lot of deaths. This type of change would make the alignment system less prominent (EP's wouldn't matter as much), and it would also promote group /gang battles.

Miles

I think your pussy friends should take clouds just like everyone else and quit hiding behind the obvious advantage of not being evil.

This is just another ploy to make it so you can keep your alignment goodies on your dupes and still have them defend you.

Shouldn't you rather be reporting the reason you make ridiculous amounts of xph with that no-name non-talking cleric friend of yours? 

kalus

This idea makes sense, I would go as far as making it so an attack on another gang automatically declares 'war' on the other gang and both gangs are free to attack each other without eps until a truce is declared.

Having players punished for being evil just means the realm itself is good aligned... and why should a fantasy realm be good aligned?? The game isn't called FairyMud.

The notion of becoming 'good' after just sitting around and not doing evil acts, but also not doing any good acts is stupid as well. If you are neutral and don't do anything good, you should stay neutral.

Fuxsiloh

This is an awesome idea.

I know I have raised this before but I also think ganghouses should be a non-cloud, non-level restriction pvp area.

Seems stupid that you can't defend your ganghouse if someone is in it robbing it and you are out of range or max evil.

The Crazy Animal

Perhaps you could have party defensive clouding like at a reduced rate. Personally I'd make it an adjustable field so they can have from 0 to normal rate decidable from the board admin. I only really see this though as something that could be viewed as house rules though.