Healbot idea

Started by Savik, Jun 15, 2012, 01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigga

How about adding a parameter such as base_regen_time +/- variance_time

Or even the option to set only + or only - time.

And maybe a maximum + and a maximum -

Then the variance time could be set differently for different monsters.

This way, popularly killed quest bosses, like the phoenix feather bosses, could for example have a MAX regen time of 2 hours, possibly less, but never more.

Bosses like the adult red dragon with a 75 hour regen time could have a large variance, something like 25 to 125 hours. So if you kill it for the level 35 quest, there's the crazy chance it might be back in a day and no one else can quest. Or it may be gone for a long time.

Monsters like Goru-Nezar, Beholder, and Woodlef Lord, that are highly sought after could have a wide range of variance too. Those guys are so popular, once a player (or even gang) gets them on schedule, it's near impossible for someone else to get them. If their regen was like 24 hours they could have maybe a maximum +6 (you dont want them gone too long) and a minimum -12 or so (maybe it'll regen twice a day!)

Just some ideas!
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

mad

Yes add a +/- 10% regen time to all bosses.  +1

It could mean 90-110 regen time for say, guardian golem, no one will wait 20 hours, unless really desperate,  and stops people just timing bosses and hoarding.. something we're all guilty of

Jigga

I don't like the idea of @homes. People that put in the effort to actually go and check if bosses are in should reap the benefits. I'm against anything that discourages live play.

I do really like the idea of +/- respawn time to prevent people from keeping bosses on a time.
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~