[Spells] Spell Circles.

Started by DeathCow, May 26, 2006, 04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathCow

oi, i get home only to fidn more work..i'll update asa I shower and eat.

Valentine

As of 2:25 Central Daylight Savings Time, that post is 35 screens long in an 800x600 Internet Explorer window.

I just thought everyone should know that.
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

Valentine

I meant the first post of this thread, dingbat? :P

Edit: Ahh...I thought you were making the thread as a whole longer just to be annoying. Actually, I still think that.  :)
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

DeathCow

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: DeathCow on May 27, 2006, 11:39 PM

I seem to be lacking the words to express myself at not seeing this update yet....? ?

:o :whip2:

DeathCow

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on May 28, 2006, 09:26 AM

I seem to be lacking the words to express myself at not seeing this update yet....   

I got a word for you.  :P

Give me a break here man, i'm working on stuff..

BTW spell check works now.

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: DeathCow on May 28, 2006, 09:29 AM
Quote from: The Crazy Animal on May 28, 2006, 09:26 AM

I seem to be lacking the words to express myself at not seeing this update yet....? ?

I got a word for you.? :P

Give me a break here man, i'm working on stuff..

BTW spell check works now.

Don't make me get meh fish again... Oh here it is  :fish:

I'm just screwin with you cause you said it 10 hours ago.
It's is very metro of you. ;)

I always just use google's toolbar spell check since it lets me add my own words in.

DeathCow

The Crazy Animal

Valentine

The Crazy Animal

DC, should I add any of the all the updates you didn't get to the wiki page or are there some I should leave out?

Locke Cole

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on May 29, 2006, 01:10 AMDC, should I add any of the all the updates you didn't get to the wiki page or are there some I should leave out?

I would say make any changes you like on the wiki version, there's a full edit history available and edits can be fairly easily rolled back if there's a problem.

I'm hoping that ideas will eventually be proposed entirely on the wiki (with maybe a link from the forum to the proposed idea), where it can be built on by others quickly and easily. Logged in users can create any page they like (and pages can be renamed (moved) if there's a naming convention agreed upon later). And if you have an RSS/ATOM feed reader, you can subscribe to the Recent changes feed to get updates delivered to your feed reader.

Just my take on how I hope things go. :P

For people unfamiliar with what a wiki is, read this article.

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: Locke Cole on May 29, 2006, 01:18 AM
Quote from: The Crazy Animal on May 29, 2006, 01:10 AMDC, should I add any of the all the updates you didn't get to the wiki page or are there some I should leave out?

I would say make any changes you like on the wiki version, there's a full edit history available and edits can be fairly easily rolled back if there's a problem.

Ya some of the stuff I'm just not sure exactly if he (DC) would want to go in like some of the stuff for the Circle of nature. Plus I added a whole circle as I realized we were missing a lot of mage type spells. I guess I'll just add some of the ones that seem fairly close to what we already have and then make a post here asking about whats left.

I like that any member can do some editing to the wiki pages but I can see how it could create some organizational content development problems if people just post edits with out some type of authorization....

Locke Cole

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on May 29, 2006, 01:33 AMI like that any member can do some editing to the wiki pages but I can see how it could create some organizational content development problems if people just post edits with out some type of authorization....

It can be problematic, I agree, but wikis are organic. As we run into problems we can create rules and guidelines to try and curb behavior that causes problems. If worse comes to worse, we can also block people from editing (individually block a user or block their IP (and ranges within) entirely).

Unlike most wikis though, where opinions are generally treated equally, in this case a few peoples opinions carry more weight (really, veto power) over content (I'm thinking of DeathCow and Vitoc, specifically). But we're certainly not going to get anywhere by being afraid to attempt to collaborate. :P

And even if you make an edit/change and someone (Vitoc, DeathCow, even another peer who simply dislikes your changes) reverts/rolls back/undos your edit, your contribution remains in the edit history (click the "history" tab at the top of the page) and you can easily view the page as you left it (in the state it was in when you saved it) and copy out any content you want to discuss further either here in the forums or on the discussion page on the wiki.

Faceless thing

should there be a circle of animal  and take some of the animal stuff outa circle of nature?