Buying Houses

Started by Mukami, Jan 29, 2007, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mukami

It seems that with all that spare space sitting around towns why not sell houses. Not as big as a gang house but something small like the current 2-5 room houses that are currently in the game. It could be something with a door thats alot harder to break down then just a standard door but doesnt have all the guards inside. Also you can hire guards also at a daily and not just a one time cost. Say you have a small 2 room house in the main city that cost 50 gold every 24 hours. you get a loyal deed and you read it and it says other things also like how much it would cost for there to be a guard and maybe a healer. say 100g/day for a basic guard and 25g/day for a healer. have it only 2 hirelings per room or something so that its not a fortress but at the same time its not 100% vulnerable. Helps the economy stay a little more balanced and at the same time could stop some things from being hidden way out in the middle of nowhere. Also gives thiefs more stuff to break into.

The Crazy Animal

This would be in the category of prestige spending. There's a post I did about it with the focus of buying land and building your own house. However I can't remember if I mentioned pre-built houses or rooms in that post.

I had also planned on making a post about re-doing the inn concept to allow players to rent rooms at a rate/space fee. Just haven't had time to type it up with everything I got going on right now. The inns would be available in different towns for different amounts. I know I'd really like to push the inn idea though because I'd love to make them look more like centers of travel and information like they would normally have been in the context of that time period.