Extra Cp's.

Started by Squidward, Jan 03, 2006, 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squidward

Any thoughts on what will be done with leftover CP'S?

Other than them rotting in your stat menu.

DeathCow

For the most part I havent thought about them too carefully.  I intend to let certain stats increase beyond the normal maximum based on the class however.  I could also allow users to purchase HP and MP with cps, or even increase abilities like stealth and spellcasting.

Squidward

Quote from: DeathCow on Jan 03, 2006, 12:21 PM
For the most part I havent thought about them too carefully.? I intend to let certain stats increase beyond the normal maximum based on the class however.? I could also allow users to purchase HP and MP with cps, or even increase abilities like stealth and spellcasting.

Assuming that spellcasting will be actually useful?

DeathCow

Quote from: Squidward on Jan 03, 2006, 12:23 PM
Quote from: DeathCow on Jan 03, 2006, 12:21 PM
For the most part I havent thought about them too carefully.  I intend to let certain stats increase beyond the normal maximum based on the class however.  I could also allow users to purchase HP and MP with cps, or even increase abilities like stealth and spellcasting.

Assuming that spellcasting will be actually useful?
Yes.

Reece

I would have to say that extra cp's would only come if you make it to where characters have no cap. I could be wrong but i dont think they intend for you to be level 400 and have 25000 cp. And im more than sure this is going to be closer to legit leveling where you dont hit 50 in 3 hours because the cave bear is worth 3 million experience.

Momma always said there were gonna be days like this.... she just never said there would be so many in a row.

DeathCow

Quote from: Reece on Jan 03, 2006, 12:50 PM
I would have to say that extra cp's would only come if you make it to where characters have no cap. I could be wrong but i dont think they intend for you to be level 400 and have 25000 cp. And im more than sure this is going to be closer to legit leveling where you dont hit 50 in 3 hours because the cave bear is worth 3 million experience.

Right, but at the same time I don't intend to simply cap players.  I'd like to think I could keep up with new content for even the largest players.  We'll of course need to know exactly what we are looking at in terms of accumulated cps over time, but there are lots of things players could do with cps besides just raiseing basic stats.

Squidward

Also, once you hit a certain level, the only thing left to gain is hp.. there needs to be a point to leveling past 75.

DeathCow

As I said before, I do intend to make content for higher level players.  Items can be restricted to high levels, or simply be prohibitively slow until you reach that level.  In majormud the only difference between level 70 and level 71 is hps, and skill increases.  That being said, the only difference between leveling from 70 to 71 and leveling from 20 to 21 is spending a few cps on stats.  I'm going to make it possible to spend your cps, but obviously things can become quite gimpy if I allow certain stats to be increased indefinately.

Reece

I have an easy fix for this. Design the races to max thier stats at level 100. You could reduce the amount of cps given at higher levels. lets say a cap at 60 where after 60 you get the same amount of points per level for the rest of your characters growth. After a stats gets so high the amount it increase derogatory stats can be reduced ect.. ect.. ect..

Momma always said there were gonna be days like this.... she just never said there would be so many in a row.

Vitoc

I believe an idea like it has been mentioned in another thread, but what if we made it so there were stats classes could raise over the race maxes.? Maybe you could spend your CPs on some Stat Max Increases.? A warrior for instance, could spend 100 cps to increase their maximum strength by 5 or something.

Also, I've never liked the idea of people being able to purchase lives with money.  What if we made lives cost CPs?? (just a thought, don't pounce on me ;) )

DeathCow

I've never used the entertainment pack for anything other than putting some saracstic remark into my description, so I hadnt even thought about buying lives.  We can leave that out, its silly. At some point I'll post in detail my ideas on class based NCM system.  More than likely there will be extended combat and spell casting abilities that players will have the option of purchasing for CPS, rather than continual increase of stats beyond a certain point.  Its gimpy when stats go beyond a certain point.  We could max stats in the coding though, and allow stats to increase forever simply changing the description messages for the player when you look at them.

Vitoc

Quote from: Thesifer on Jan 04, 2006, 12:08 PMAbout the lives issue ,? ?I liked the original MajorMUD when they didn't have the "Entertainment Pack" where you could buy lives.? ?If I had my way PvP would become an integral part of MUD again.?

? ? And having the ability to buy lives negates the fun of rerolling someone for talking crap :)

I feel the same way about PVP.? I've always thought it should be an integral part of the game.? It promotes item turnover so the same items don't sit on the same players for ever.? It encourages people to stay at or come to the keys more often.? It also prevents n00bs from coming into the game and talking smack on everyone or grabbing people's items without any fear of retaliation.? The only reason I would concede for not forcing PvP on a realm is the fact that in Major MUD the law enforcement and alignment systems just plain suck.? However, if we could somehow make the penalties for breaking the law (ie, murdering, robbing, etc.) more severe, I think unlimited PvP should be encouraged.

DeathCow

Personally I've always prefered realm with unlimited pvp.  When i first started the realms I played on were all unlimited and I found it to be very fun to find ways to kill huge players.

DeathCow

I played clubmet,  I was on supermud2 when they merged it with big12.