Poll for rules changes to pvp

Started by Gardner Denver, Jan 27, 2010, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Settings for PVP

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: Jan 30, 2010, 09:35 AM

SluTFisHy

Quote from: y2duhh on Jan 27, 2010, 09:59 AM
let me rephrase that -> Unlimited PVP Level and Unlimited Lives theres no need to reroll people and if you are playing this game to reroll people you need to get a life, most of us that play this game now are adults and don't (let me rephrase that) shouldn't have the free/spare time to spend hunting down people, camping them and rerolling them. If you do have that kind of time maybe you should look into more of a social life.
Uhm, if you don't have that kind of time, at least at some point in the week, you should not be playing this game at all*.

please delete your acct. and quit judging how people play the game.
Listen peeps, *I INSULT PEOPLE*, thats what I do.

So when I respond to a forum, I insult people equally, I dont descriminate.

It's just me adding salt and pepper to a conversation.

Don't take anything to heart. Nubs.

pentagruel

I agree that 1 runic at lvl 10 is very expensive, but you are forgetting the main point here:  noone needs lives at lvl 10 anyways, since it takes less than 12 hours of bland scripting to level 11.  Secondly, at the higher levels, we want this to be expensive.  Anyone can just carry back 3-4 runic worth of gold from orc barracks or deurgers, or million other places which had been scripted.   

Excarkun

Quote from: pentagruel on Jan 28, 2010, 08:41 AM
I agree that 1 runic at lvl 10 is very expensive, but you are forgetting the main point here:  noone needs lives at lvl 10 anyways, since it takes less than 12 hours of bland scripting to level 11.  Secondly, at the higher levels, we want this to be expensive.  Anyone can just carry back 3-4 runic worth of gold from orc barracks or deurgers, or million other places which had been scripted.   

I agree that lving at lower lvl is easier and faster, depending on race/class and how many ppl are also sukking on that same exp spot/area. With said in a week or much less you should be able to lvl to 10 and get those FREE lives Therefore I see your point Pent on buying lives Pricing here.

I see stacking being more important now too.

Now at higher levels in a fresh restarted mud it's not going to be that easy to grab all those items( fine broads, etch swords, crimson leggings, clubs) to sell and get that 3-4 runics. Or goto a massive/enormous/great boss dragons lair and pick from 10 or less chest droppings to sell for that same type of runics.
This part gettes more tricky maybe at first set the prices a bit lower then raise them as we go, or I still like the idea of makin it a limited amount of lives to buy per/day/week/level..ECT.. and this also can be adjusted 
it I BETA  so Why not..TEST a WAY..

Excarkun

Quote from: Zetetic on Jan 27, 2010, 10:00 PM
I agree that many limited items ended up being hoarded. As one of the offenders here (I had access to a great deal of the realms limited items for a large period of time), I was not really pushed to keep my items in circulation. Admittedly, I and all of my gang members wore our limited items almost all of the time - and people did not really push us into losing them (respect goes to Blade as the only person to snag a kill on me) meaning that we never needed to delve into the 'backup' of limited items. I think that limiteds left untended on the ground longer than a single week should be reset, but the problem with this is that it creates a large amount of work for whoever is willing to op for us crazy pvp people. You cannot have 'random resets' as that opens the game up to complaints of abuse - we've had enough trouble with that even when we did have a set of clearly defined limited item rules.

And of course it is only now, after writing all of that that I think 'this should really be raised as a seperate thread' as it is a different issue entirely.

No I agree maybe there should be a Pvp Rule change/ADDED on limited and clean-ups/SWEEPS.
SO kq- this is the right place to post this..IMOP
And if we know going into this mud that is a Rule then We better Expect it to happin if we Hoard and it gets Flushed..
I see this keeps the board active and game flow going.
But I think a Random 2 times a month cleanup/ floor sweep is the best way. And no don't think there should be a notice if you can't use it and it a limited put in gh vault and yep take a chance of it getting stolen.
Or try holding it all the time till u die and someone, OHH my STEAL your Death Pile in PVP.. How Rottin of them.. Nope ...just deal with it..It's pvp..EXPECT IT.. it happins . Been done to me many times, and to others we all don't like it but its EXPECTED.
And if you have non-limiteds want to keep sell them, or same thing toss into a gh..
If this rule EVER goes into place Everyone would Want a Thief in there gang and thief's are a needed CLASS AGAIN..
any want to try a HAlf-ogre thief;>..
just my thoughts on Hoarding and how to deal with it..in pvp..

pentagruel

As far as limited item sweeps, I suggested that every gang leader gets to tell gardner one room where they keep a stash and that it shouldnt be swept.  So if you know someone is hoarding stuff, just keep killing them and trade back for items you took from them.  You can also set up a gang plan to search the realm.  If you have 5 people in a gang, you could search the entire realm within a week, and find your opponent's stash.

I would like to see the pick locks necessary to open vaults raised significantly, so that it takes like a lvl 70 thief to open the white house vault, and a lvl 67 thief to open gold house vault, instead of just spending a day getting a h-orc thief to lvl 40 and having access to all vaults.

Excarkun

Well then Pent you still want to be able to hoard with your statement of keeping stashes.  Why doesn't that surpise me. And NO, I think the thief robing vaults at lvl 40 + is just fine. In fact if there was random floor sweeps 2X a month with NO notice (and If i was an Op too much bullshit to sweep around your stash) so all Stashes go Poof. Thieves would be wanted, and Hated same time. I would hope of more pvp cause of the gang house raiding all the time.  Sounds like fun and A CHALLENGE and with hopes that more limited are available to others to use other then in a STASH collecting dust.

But I hope it would be something that's gets posted up for a new rule..and that's now up to Gardner.  

schwagg

Can you please make a new post condensing the reset parameter ideas down? Perhaps another poll?

pentagruel

Even if you want sweeps for unused items, what about items that are level restricted.  If I kill storm giant commander at lvl 30, why should i have the gear swept and not be able to use it till lvl 50?

Gardner Denver

Quote from: schwagg on Jan 28, 2010, 04:14 PM
Can you please make a new post condensing the reset parameter ideas down? Perhaps another poll?

Done.  Moved all discussion re: buying lives into a thread in the ideas section.

Tragedy

Quote from: Excarkun on Jan 28, 2010, 03:03 PM
I would hope of more pvp cause of the gang house raiding all the time.  Sounds like fun and A CHALLENGE and with hopes that more limited are available to others to use other then in a STASH collecting dust.

No one puts anything in thier GH vault, so forget about it. They all pick random stashes in unused areas. thus anything not on a char should be swept, unless its a dp (thats cool about not sweeping daily) but weekly for real.

Excarkun

Quote from: pentagruel on Jan 28, 2010, 04:26 PM
Even if you want sweeps for unused items, what about items that are level restricted.  If I kill storm giant commander at lvl 30, why should i have the gear swept and not be able to use it till lvl 50?

I Already Answered this one if you need to reread it I quoted myself for you..

Quote from: Excarkun on Jan 28, 2010, 09:40 AM
And no don't think there should be a notice if you can't use it and it a limited put in gh vault and yep take a chance of it getting stolen.
Or try holding it all the time till u die and someone,

pentagruel

so as a lvl 40 paly, im supposed to carry the stormmetal cors and stormmetal greataxe in my inventory along with my dragonscale armor and shield and nexus chakram?  

Your answer is retarded, please try to think a little more before posting shit

Excarkun

Quote from: pentagruel on Jan 28, 2010, 07:02 PM
so as a lvl 40 paly, im supposed to carry the stormmetal cors and stormmetal greataxe in my inventory along with my dragonscale armor and shield and nexus chakram? 

Your answer is retarded, please try to think a little more before shit

wow and you can't READ. Toss it into your gh or it vault and deal with it or just don't kill the giant so damn soon.. Want me to hold your hand too.. 
Damn its to stop ppl like you from hoarding all the limiteds and hiding them to rot.
What a surprise your the ONLY ONE Whining about my idea and its ONly an Idea.
But please come up with some more reasons why this would work..

pentagruel

If I am good enough to kill giant at lvl 30, why should i wait for some other noob to kill him at lvl 40 and hold the stuff?  I understand not wanting limiteds to just rot in some stashed room, but if you have things for future use, you should be allowed to keep them safe.  Same holds true for say mid level items like stone javelin or nexus chakram or spider silk trousers etc.  If you get an item that you cant use yet, but are going to use later, why should you be penalized for being good enough to get items before you can use them?  

Gang house vault is a terrible idea because you can get a thief lvl 1-40 in a matter of 2-3days, so you might be away one weekend, and bam all the stuff in the vault is gone.  Thats assuming there is no thief that is already lvl 20, then you can basically go 20-40 in a single day.

Fuxsiloh

This would address Pentagruels dilemma but not sure if it is possible (or desired) but can the level restrictions on items be removed? What are they really there for anyway?

Strengthening the ganghouses would also be a good idea - can you up the lockpick and just put dragons at the entrance or something?

Also, for anyone who voted for 20level pvp limit, if it looks like the carebears are going to win it with the 10level limit, change your vote to 15 level (alternatively, those who voted 15 could always just harden up only a little more and go the extra step to 20!)

The lower levels are always so much fun, lets make this a real PVP realm and just have fucking carnage at the beginning! :)