Random Genetics bonus for racial stats

Started by The Crazy Animal, Jan 15, 2006, 11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

I was thinking that it might be interesting to set up the races a little different so that each individual character of a single race would have slightly different stats.

Basically how this would work is each race would be set into a certain stat range as we are familiar with but here is the kicker each stat is set to a base level then a genetic bonus of X stat points is decided by a random number generator the conforms to a given range for that stat. While this wouldn?t have a huge effect in later levels it would make the earlier to mid levels a little more diverse.

TCA

DeathCow

This would just end up with people rolling over and over at the begining.  I really don't like randomly rolled stats.  I am going to make your stats mins and maxes based on a combination of race and class though.

The Crazy Animal

you could set it up so that the number of points that one stat feild gets gets subtracted from the max rolled for in the next so they would never get a roll that is all max on all stats. <grin> I usually don't like rolled stats myself but partialy rolled seemed kind of interesting.

TCA