Auction Houses

Started by The Crazy Animal, Jan 20, 2006, 12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

Just an small idea but has anyone though about putting in some auction houses so that players can bid over the course of a few game time days on items they want.

I was thinking that the Auction House could take a percentage fee off the top of the total price. Prices automatically would start at the value of the item and work their way up.

TCA

DeathCow

Auction houses should be a completely commerece based thing..They should be for the players benefit.  ?They wont need a fee.

The Crazy Animal

Well it?s not really a fee as the player doesn?t pay it but is taken out of the profit made i.e. the amount collected above the items value. This fee is more of an economic device to remove a small portion of capital out of the available total capital of the game.

TCA

DeathCow

Its hard too say if such a thing is needed.  I want money to be removed from the game by the price of items.  I forgot to get smokes during my trip home..i'll be back later..5 min or so :p

The Crazy Animal

Ok I see where we are missing each other on this idea.

I think your thinking of auction houses as game centric shops while, I?m thinking of players listing items in them. I don?t see why not have both systems in so a portion of items are standard auction house listings and some are put in by players wanting to sell goods they accumulate.

The profit fees would only come into effect when a player lists an item.

TCA

DeathCow

Right see, I was following you...I just don't think we'd need a profit fee for the auction house....they can be jsutified by letting the houses sell drinks...Who wouldn't but a jager/red bull for 3 gold.

The Crazy Animal

I guess it could partially be explained that way but it really depends on if anyone buys them. I know, I don?t buy too much mead normally in mmud as it really doesn?t do much.

TCA

DeathCow

But see..the auction house would have jager bombs...like Jager.

The Crazy Animal

;D

Well if it was a jug of dark rum I might buy it just to have it around.

TCA

Valentine

So....can players get drunk in this game...?

Scratch that...I mean do characters get drunk...I think we all know that the players do.

Edited because typing is hard.
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

DeathCow

Well characters certainly use to get drunk a long time ago in mud when people still role played a little.

Valentine

Quote from: DeathCow on Jan 20, 2006, 03:17 PM
Well characters certainly use to get drunk a long time ago in mud when people still role played a little.

...and was that really so bad? RPing, that is...not the drunken revelry.
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

DeathCow

No it wasn't, the players just don't do it anymore.

Valentine

Then get new players  :P OK now i'm just being mean.

Back to the Auction House...I agree with the house taking part of the final bid as a fee. It works for Ebay anyway...and someone has to get paid to clean up the aisles.

DeathCow

If that happens then we'll need to store the cash that the auction house gets somewhere in game to be stolen.