Summoning Talisman Suggestion

Started by Apsu, Nov 10, 2012, 08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apsu

You know it really sucks when you need to kill a particular boss for a quest but 1500 other players are also killing the same bosses the moment it regens every few days looking for a 1% drop item for equipment.  I was talking about this to some others in gossip in the realm and had an idea:   What if a new item is created that is earned at interval levels when trained.  An item that would allow a player to auto-regen any particular boss monster by using it in their spawn room.  Then the players can choose what's more important to them and avoid having to wait til level 60 to get a goru head to do the 2nd good quest.

ITEM:     BLUE  SUMMONING TALISMAN    --  Earned at levels 10 & 15.  Auto-regens any mag 1 or lower boss.
              GREEN SUMMONING TALISMAN  --  Earned at levels 20 & 25.  Auto-regens any mag 2 or lower boss.
              RED SUMMONING TALISMAN      --  Earned at levels 30 & 35.  Auto-regens any mag 3 or lower boss.
              WHITE SUMMONING TALISMAN  --  Earned at levels 40 & 45.  Auto-regens any mag 4 or lower boss.
              PURPLE SUMMONING TALISMAN  --  Earned at levels 50,  55 & 60.  Auto-regens any mag 5 or lower boss.

Add descriptions to them that differential what they do so that a player can check by "looking" at the talisman.  Make them loyal so no PK'ing to get the other players talimans.  I'd also make them not droppable nor transferable so that no one spams a bunch of new chars to get talismans for their higher chars--probably keep the weight of these low due to this.

Thoughts?

Apophis2310

Not to kill your idea or anything, but why not just make a "quest" version of the npc respawn after the "real" version of the npc has been killed, then when it's time for the "real" version to spawn, despawn the "quest" version. The "quest" version would yield no exp and would only give the item to the player when the correct quest flag.

Gardner Denver

My thought is everyone will stop playing, sit in a room all day summoning whatever boss they can get for their level and the game goes to shit.

Hurricane Omega

Make each one single use.  That way they would be saved for a truly special occasion.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Hurricane Omega on Nov 15, 2012, 09:07 AM
Make each one single use.  That way they would be saved for a truly special occasion.

The largest gang on non pvp currently has 50+ members.  A good number of them are > lvl 50.  That's still a whole lot of boss spawning if you decide to get your group together and just go nuts.

Hurricane Omega

I was thinking more for quest completion.  Some sort of backup to the don't script bosses rule because of how many are killed by hand on timers.

Jigga

I like the idea of making quest NPCs/monsters always available to those doing the quest in a large realm.

This could possibly be an option that the OPs can turn on or off, maybe enable for the Non-PVP realm  but not the PVP realm.

When you walk into the room where a quest boss normally regens, (if this is possible) have the room check your quest flags. If you are on the correct step of the quest, the monster would spawn automatically upon your entry if it's not already there. Once you kill it, you get the next flag and it won't happen anymore. If this isn't possible, then there would have to be a command (summon goru-nezar?) that would check the quest flag and spawn the monster.
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

Stalkerr

Quote from: Jigga on Nov 22, 2012, 01:13 PM
I like the idea of making quest NPCs/monsters always available to those doing the quest in a large realm.

This could possibly be an option that the OPs can turn on or off, maybe enable for the Non-PVP realm  but not the PVP realm.

When you walk into the room where a quest boss normally regens, (if this is possible) have the room check your quest flags. If you are on the correct step of the quest, the monster would spawn automatically upon your entry if it's not already there. Once you kill it, you get the next flag and it won't happen anymore. If this isn't possible, then there would have to be a command (summon goru-nezar?) that would check the quest flag and spawn the monster.

That be doable, but you'd have to change a lot of the structure setup in the quests already.

Vile

Add another room one room away from the quest npc/monster which holds an instant regen 0 exp quest npc/monster.

In the case of mobs like efreeti or enigma lord the quest version shouldn't drop any additional items.

Stalkerr

Quote from: Vile on Nov 22, 2012, 02:11 PM
Add another room one room away from the quest npc/monster which holds an instant regen 0 exp quest npc/monster.

In the case of mobs like efreeti or enigma lord the quest version shouldn't drop any additional items.

I don't play on non-pvp, and never have really, so I don't really understand the culture.  But I don't like that solution.   

The only good solution, in my mind, would be complicated...ie take to much coding to ever complete.

mr sinister

why dont you just have a realm where everyone starts with 100000000 exp and they get all automatic quests and all the lims that are max for their character? they also can teleport to any location in the game. AND you get all this for the low low price of all the fun of the game!

Vile

Quote from: Stalkerr on Nov 22, 2012, 02:27 PM
I don't play on non-pvp, and never have really, so I don't really understand the culture.  But I don't like that solution.   

The only good solution, in my mind, would be complicated...ie take to much coding to ever complete.

I don't play there either, but other boards have taken this approach (mudrev) and it works well.

Stalkerr

Quote from: Vile on Nov 23, 2012, 01:19 AM
I don't play there either, but other boards have taken this approach (mudrev) and it works well.

Mudrev lets you just summon a 0 exp version in the original room, which might be ok...

Greater

The quest bosses are fine the way they are. Having rules to prevent people from killing bosses under certain circumstances only serves to undercut what little competition there is in a realm with pvp turned off, let alone having a talisman to summon bosses (Worst idea ever) Grow a pair and compete instead of wanting everything handed to you

Greater

This is the kind of petty crap that gets attention when combat is broken for 3 days straight

sad