List of Current Changes - Please review/comment

Started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Jan 27, 2017, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane Omega

Speaking of the Black Wasteland and it's older brother the Negative Power Plane, what about replacing the PVE ports with portals right next to or even in the major towns with the level 20 restriction for the Black Wasteland for Silvermere, Khaz, and Rhudnar and the level 40 restriction for Lost and add one for an area in Mod 9? 

This would mean a lot of walking until level 20, and remove the port command as an escape hatch, but are those all that bad?

Just a thought to kick around.

sombrus

Scrap all that nonsense about increasing gypsy, thief, and missy combat values. It's antithetical to what these classes are. There's no sane reason for a run of the mill thief to fight as well as a highly trained Ninja.

Here's what you do:

Thieves maintain the significant boosts to BS damage, with a bonus to dodge. Their chart remains 80%. Thieves should be crafty first strikers who are hard to hit, hence the dodge.

Gypsies don't get the bonus to backstab but do get the bonus to dodge. Their chart is reduced to 160%. Gypsies aren't especially well known for their backstabbing but they share a similar trait in being crafty and hard to hit.

Missionaries don't get the bonus to backstab or or dodge but do receive a bonus to magic resistance and their hp goes up to 5-9. Their chart is 160%. While missionaries aren't known for either craftiness or backstabbiness they *are* known for being tough and their faith protects them.

Macro

My thoughts on current and potential changes:

Bard need the lower exp tables, but they also need 1 mana regen/sec. You always think of bard as constantly singing not sitting around waiting for the energy to do so. This would also help to differentiate them from other casters.

Witchunters need +damage (I would guess 3). They are supposed to be elite and they don't feel like it.

Warriors need a higher exp chart, maybe 110%

Mystics need a new attack beyond jump kick.

For missionaries I would say +mana regen and +backstab accuracy coupled with a lower exp table would be a big help.

Limits are outdated, the challenge comes in tracking down the best items for you, not being out of luck because someone beat you to it.

Thief should be king of backstabs, they should be +accuracy, +min/max damage

Half-orcs are terrible, I recommend doing something unique such as -crits and dodge and +enc and max damage

Humans are a snoozefest. I say give them a small amount of innate quickness.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Macro on May 22, 2017, 03:27 PM
Humans are a snoozefest. I say give them a small amount of innate quickness.

The humans who inhabit the PVP realm can be somewhat interesting.

IllIlIIllIl

The reset is not going to happen. Gmud is dead. Wave.