List of Current Changes - Please review/comment

Started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Jan 27, 2017, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpin Jack Flash

?   Rangers
        o   Reduced to 220% exp
        o   Regeneration moved ?back? to Druid-1 (available to Rangers)
        o   Stoneskin moved to Druid-1 (available to Rangers)

?   Thieves
        o   Class Stealth +20
        o   Tracking
        o   Picklocks +10
        o   BS Min +5 / Max +10
        o   Increased to Combat 3
        o   100% Exp Chart
        o   Combat-3
        o   ShadowHome (to be added)

?   Gypsy
        o   Combat 3
        o   190% Exp Chart

?   Missionary
        o   Combat 3
        o   190% Exp Chart

?   Bard:
        o   200% Exp Chart

?   RCOL/RFIR are now stackable for mage/druid

?   Priestly Items
        o   Protection from Evil and Holy Aura are no longer stackable
        o   Sacred Bastion and Hellfire Shield set to provide a standard +20 AC and +5 DR
        o   Large Silvery Cross and Copper Cross properly set to negate Nebo Secondary, but not Necromantic Bolt

?   Orfeo Shop set to 275% markup

?   Rod of Might set to all alignments (was neutral only)

?   Quarterstaff set to Mage/Mystic usable

?   Sheriff Lionheart no longer charmable

?   Silver Casket from Delf Queen fixed to not self-destroy on cleanup

?   Blackwood Staff drain reduced from 99% to 50%

?   Reduce Goru/Beholder Rgen times
        o   Goru reduced to 200K Exp, 4 hour regen
        o   Beholder 150K Exp, 4 hour regen

?   Dwarven Guards/Royal Soldiers changed to neutral and stripped of summon spell

?   Thrag Heart drop rate increased to 50%

?   Minotaur Champ/Chest rgen timers changed to 24 hours
        o   Dropped items sell prices adjusted to 16% of former value

?   Effects of FRAIL in Mod-9 reduced to a more manageable level

?   Titan spell shop adjusted to 3 max with 15% rgen for each spell

?   Eye of the Beholder ILLU spell value altered from 9999 to 999

?   Serpent Scourge altered to 1H-Blunt weapon (from 2H-Sharp) and increased from Mag-1 to Mag-2

?   Katana, Daikatana, Hellblade and Deathcoil drop rates increased to 25%

?   Runic Warhammer moved to Mag-3 to provide more choices for Mag-3 Blunt pre-level 30

?   Reduction in DR for Chain/Scale/Plate Armors (tentative)

?   Banshee wail reduced from 80 rounds to 20 rounds

?   SLEP/STUN/SAND
        o   SLEP: @15:  60-70% - 1 RD    @30:  60-100% - 2 Rds
        o   STUN: @15: 60-71% - 1 RD    @30:  60-95% - 2 Rds
        o   QUAK: Made ?HOLD? portion resistable, and decreased from 4 to 2 rds
        o   Sandstorm: Reduced from Max of 30 Rds to Max of 15 Rds

?   Set racial stats to GMud standard

?   Black Fortress:
        o   Key bosses set to 18 hour rgen
        o   Blood Champ set to 20 hour rgen

?   4th Quest ? Level 40, 40M exp

?   Reduce Other Side Quests
        o   Appy Quest ? Level 25, 2M exp
                o   Appy Quest set so all questing persons in room receive item
        o      Adult Red Dragon ? Level 35 Quest, 5M exp
                o   ARD Regen decreased to 15 hours

Blake

My suggestions for slowing down the changes.  This won't be the final decision, there will be a gmud reset after this.

Rangers: leave Stoneskin as is.

Thieves: Combat 2; 80% exp chart

Gypsy: Combat 2

Missy: Combat 2

Blackwood Staff: Leave as is.  It isn't that valuable a weapon compared to room spells.  Not sure why this was included.

Monster Timers:  Leave as is.  I get we are trying to discourage an AR run, increase quests completed, etc, but the best sudden encounters/pvp come while everyone wants those.  This is for every monster you've suggested changing timers.

Slep/Stun/Sand: No change.

Quests that give exp: No change or only a 20% decrease.  These are tough things to do that usually take a big party to complete - let's not make them nearly worthless.

cytrik

Why does a thief get tracking? What makes a thief have the ability to track people?
There seems to be a big push for fixing thief's... They are and always will be a pretty crap class... And their exp table reflects this.
They appear to be getting closer to the ninja... who can't wear leather. Increase combat, tracking ability, heavier BS attacks... Just add some extra crits in there and it's a leather wearing ninja with a greatly reduced exp table.
If you really want to retain the ability to break into vaults, I would suggest adding higher picklocks to the ninja class/cloak and removing the thief class altogether.
Noone really likes the class, and instead of making it a mirror of another class, just remove them.
Unless you actually add in a proper ability to steal other players items or from NPC's, they really have no use. And this would not apply to the PVE realm anyway.
Stone skin on a ranger is a bit overkill.
Can someone explain to me the what 'shadowhome' means?
rfir/rcol stackable makes no sense either... how do you cast a spell that resists fire, then cast another that resists cold and have them both on you...
This seems like another change just for 1 mission at level 10... Just carry a buttload of potions like everyone else does, and drag, attack, rest, go again.
It's worked for every other mage that's gone through the crypt... why it's so hard I don't know.
The nerfing of quest exp is a rather distasteful idea also... If you complete the quest at the level it's designed for with like leveled characters it provides a big enough challenge that it's worth the exp. Getting to DP in a non-goto realm at level 40 after taking out AED is ridiculously hard.
All I see this doing is trying to lower people from getting power-leveled quicker... which if that's the case, it's not going to stop them getting dragged behind a high end player for large exp over night instead.
If you look at the game dynamics through the eyes of a solo player completing these quests as they are meant to be, trying to find a group of similarly leveled people to take down these bosses, then the exp level is completely warranted.

With all these changes is there any suggestions on how to make neutral not pointless? Across basically all classes?
Priest neutral doesn't even have a high level armour spell and lack any form of prev/prgd spells.
There is no incentive to stay neutral across the realm... And with one of the hardest 5th quests it's basically avoided.

Not sure what the blackwood staff change was for either... it's a mid level weapon that is only useful to a small portion of players and it's definitely not overpowered.

Has anything been suggested about the beholder fear? Where he can cast it so often that you are basically stuck there forever unless you are really lucky?
The same with the willow's sleep? Basilisk's petrify? (Which can be negated by a mirror, but shouldn't be so strong/often.)

There's probably other stuff, but I've only just seen these posts and was not aware of the discussions about the changes.

Chupon

Agree with the 2 posts above.
Blackwood staff is not overpowered, if anything it's underpowered.
Very low dmg range, evil only, only magic 3.
It's a great weapon for a short time for a very limited niche and it's great for that niche.
But there is no reason to nerf it. It gives evil casters an option besides rooming and it's not even close to as good as rooming.

My Suggestion:
Focus on fixing stuff that is clearly unbalanced, such as the low exp on blackwood mobs, volcano mobs etc. (everything in the main blackwood area) vs other mobs in mod 7 etc that basically
make the main blackwood forest a waste to exp in.
Also diamond mine demonlings(very undervalued exp-wise) and Gnaj (Needs more lairs, and a lot more exp/kill)
Also making lairs in deep jungle like I did on my bbs in the past made it a very good script area. There can be lots of areas that benefit from lair modification, that is what is really
needed for a big realm like greatermud.
Also I see why you would want to make rod of might more useful but it's really the only option that is neutral only. Why not just add more neutral only items that are badass to the game vs letting other specs use the only neutral only item. Neutral is a pain in the ass and it has almost no good benefit of having to manage eps to stay neutral, it needs to have more good items not less.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Chupon on Jan 29, 2017, 07:19 PM
Agree with the 2 posts above.
Blackwood staff is not overpowered, if anything it's underpowered.
Very low dmg range, evil only, only magic 3.
It's a great weapon for a short time for a very limited niche and it's great for that niche.
But there is no reason to nerf it. It gives evil casters an option besides rooming and it's not even close to as good as rooming.

Noted...let me talk to the team and we will re-visit this.

QuoteMy Suggestion:
Focus on fixing stuff that is clearly unbalanced, such as the low exp on blackwood mobs, volcano mobs etc. (everything in the main blackwood area) vs other mobs in mod 7 etc that basically make the main blackwood forest a waste to exp in.

Already on balancing the whole Mod-9 area and making worthwhile as a scripting location.  No intention of altering those areas which are already heavily used (ie webbed lairs, gremlins, etc)

Also diamond mine demonlings(very undervalued exp-wise) and Gnaj (Needs more lairs, and a lot more exp/kill)
Also making lairs in deep jungle like I did on my bbs in the past made it a very good script area. There can be lots of areas that benefit from lair modification, that is what is really needed for a big realm like greatermud.

Also will be looking at the dwarven mines for lair updates. Stay tuned for further updates on this.

QuoteAlso I see why you would want to make rod of might more useful but it's really the only option that is neutral only. Why not just add more neutral only items that are badass to the game vs letting other specs use the only neutral only item. Neutral is a pain in the ass and it has almost no good benefit of having to manage eps to stay neutral, it needs to have more good items not less.

As a player that always run neutral characters, i whole-heartedly agree.  The team voted to open the rod of might up, but we can re-visit this again. 

Also, to respond to the earlier post, I wasn't a huge fan of reducing the ARD quest exp since it's such an impossible quest to complete.  However, the team felt the 35M boost allowed you to skip through up to 6 levels, depending on your class.  Again, we can re-visit the quest nerfs and will post an update here.

Please keep the ideas coming so we can make the PVE realm the best around!

Bane

Greater

Just a few suggestions or ideas.

Some items that have little to no use could be improved, have their sources moved or tweaked, and used to fill gaps in gear coverage for alignment/class groupings:

templar greatsword (currently only useful as a gear recovery weapon when magic 5 is needed)
red dragonscale whip (extremely slow and only hit magic 1)
red dragon tail
twin shortswords
skull wand
platinum greatsword
two-headed morningstar
fluked trident
elven war-spear
kusari-gama
khopesh sword
heavy bone mace
cat-o-nine-tails
adamantite spear
beastly claws
malachite ring
onyx earrings
amethyst pendant
arcane tome
battlehorn
black rose
Crest of Arlysia
curved fang
diamond-studded ring (perhaps at least as many uses as pine wand?)
high-necked robes
red chitin armor suit (this armor isn't good enough for the effort required to make it)
shadow bracelet
spider silk robes

These potions could be made to have usable effects:

crimson potion
frothing pink potion
white potion
yellow potion (467)

These monsters award disproportionately low experience compared to their difficulty:

ancestral guardian
dark-elf mage
dark-elf warlock
nanati sorceress
abomination (caves of chaos)
Gnaj the Creator
gnaj golem
gnaj zombie
green demonling (950-951)
blue demonling
red demonling (953)
darken beast
canimera
sea hag
vampire minion
vampire acolyte
vampire magus
vampire elder
spiked juggernaut
fanged demon
wraith knight
fire knight
giant efreeti
dread planewalker (903, 779)
wolfman
bone warrior (dying fields 827, 925, 926, 927, 1007)
wererat plague-crafter
crane spirit
gorilla spirit
monkey spirit
massive fanged spider
aged earth dragon (649)

Some areas that are underused and could be improved to be usable:

Undermountain Caverns
Diamond Mines - including Malivek section
Old Mines
South half of Mermex/Stone Tunnels
Deep Jungle
Sandy Beach - near reef
Rocky Cliffs - between beach and jungle
Black Caves
Hilltop Fortress
Silver Mines
Gold Mines
Dark elf Royal Prison
Wererat Castle
Arlysia Library

Quality of life changes:
Traps classes being able to disarm the jungle bridge trap (like MajorMUD)
Fix room spell messages to fire once instead of once for every monster that dies

Chupon

Good suggestions.
To add a few areas to add lairs to  be more usable:
Anthill (no lairs)
Deep jungle (whipvine lairs, moss zombie/tasloi scout lairs)
Smugglers (not enough lairs, no single lairs, could use them)
Add a gelatinous cube section to labyrinth
Mossy Cave(place with night hag) low amount of lairs
Huorn lairs needed in dying grove
Tunnels on the way to black orc boss could use lairs
Kobolds have very long lair times (could use a few more lairs/faster)
Treetops Area between gibbering mage/priest and barren hills could use some fast respawn of tasloi scout, or a few big aoe nuke-able rooms
Serpentkin Village (slow respawns not many lairs normally, could use some)

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Chupon on Jan 30, 2017, 08:33 PM
Good suggestions.
To add a few areas to add lairs to  be more usable:
Anthill (no lairs)
Deep jungle (whipvine lairs, moss zombie/tasloi scout lairs)
Smugglers (not enough lairs, no single lairs, could use them)
Add a gelatinous cube section to labyrinth
Mossy Cave(place with night hag) low amount of lairs
Huorn lairs needed in dying grove
Tunnels on the way to black orc boss could use lairs
Kobolds have very long lair times (could use a few more lairs/faster)
Treetops Area between gibbering mage/priest and barren hills could use some fast respawn of tasloi scout, or a few big aoe nuke-able rooms
Serpentkin Village (slow respawns not many lairs normally, could use some)

So, once we get done with the PVE realm, we'll start with lair updates on the PVP side, and go from there.

mr sinister

you give thief tracking and shadowrest and combat 3 for a mere 20% increase in the exp table?
why would thief have tracking seriously
its the entire reason a lot of people go nekojin
and that is a 50% increase just to get the tracking
it seems like what you want to do it have % for each skill you want and you can just build you own class
BUT that wouldnt be majormud
i know going through majormud with NMR is super fun, we have all done it
all classes are not equal
they each have different playing styles
i dont get what the concern is about equalizing the classes
if you want to make MOD10 then just do it already but add some actual content and not just litter the game with easter eggs

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: mr sinister on Feb 01, 2017, 02:58 PM
you give thief tracking and shadowrest and combat 3 for a mere 20% increase in the exp table?
it seems like what you want to do it have % for each skill you want and you can just build you own class
if you want to make MOD10 then just do it already but add some actual content and not just litter the game with easter eggs

Great input, we'll take it all under consideration.

cytrik

Pretty much what I was trying to say, but you apparently said it better.

Quoteyou give thief tracking and shadowrest and combat 3 for a mere 20% increase in the exp table?

xian

It has probably been mentioned in one of these threads, but intoeuld br great to make cyclops, serpinkin, and the rest of under black house worth something.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: xian on Feb 11, 2017, 04:10 PM
It has probably been mentioned in one of these threads, but intoeuld br great to make cyclops, serpinkin, and the rest of under black house worth something.

These areas have already been upgraded. Will post changes soon.

Vile

Changes in the original post look great. Are these in the game now?

Jumpin Jack Flash

No, none of these changes have been incorporated into the playing realm yet.  Once we get done with all changes/updates, they will be play tested, then pushed to the PVE realm.