Recent posts

GreaterMUD Ideas / Re: Racial Quests
Last post by Thesifer - Dec 14, 2023, 09:04 AM
My understanding, and maybe this is wrong.. Is that GreaterMud won't change from Stock MajorMud mechanics. ParaMud seems to be the one going in that direction.
GreaterMUD Ideas / Racial Quests
Last post by Riblau - Dec 10, 2023, 07:37 PM
Just like the class quests but for your race. Could branch into like a team v team thing for certain groups of races with areas hostile to some races but not others. Race only weapons etc.
Frequently Asked Questions / Re: Stats Breakdown
Last post by bigwood - Nov 08, 2023, 03:59 PM
How does Magic Resistance work including specific resistance?  For instance, If I have Magic Resistance of 90 as a non-witchhunter and 25 fire resistance and would be hit by an attack that hits for 100 fire dmg. the calculation I would assume would be:

MR = (90-50)/2 = 20% reduction so 100 - 20% = 80

Then the 80 is subject to the 25% fire reduction for 20 more reduction =  60dmg is done to me?
General Discussion / Re: MajorMUD world map (and ot...
Last post by Turbofoot - Oct 09, 2023, 12:07 AM
Wow I love those maps!
GreaterMUD / Re: Updated download links?
Last post by Vitoc - Oct 07, 2023, 01:32 PM
At the time of this post, they can currently be found on the old forums at:
http://217.180.196.241/forums/index.php?board=78.0

These may not stay up forever. I think they're trying to start a clean version dedicated to ParaMUD without all of GreaterMUD's checkered history.
General Discussion / Re: MajorMUD world map (and ot...
Last post by Vitoc - Oct 07, 2023, 03:47 AM
Cool! I've seen a couple of nice maps on ParaMUD's Unofficial Discord recently. I don't know the person but apparently created by Bonecold.

General Discussion / MajorMUD world map (and other ...
Last post by Turbofoot - Oct 06, 2023, 01:26 AM
TurboSentry Redux now has a world map made by scanning Winterhawk megamud paths. There was mild editing to position text better but most of the map is approximately where it should be allowing for n/s/e/w travelling.

https://turbosentry.info/info/worldmap

There is other info including a weapon list (simple filters); armour list (filters); spells (filtered - if you click into the different spell schools) and monster list. The info was scrapped from the MudCentral pages which I built for them in 2003-ish. There are apps that filter better but I wanted a web view.

See the info by visiting TurboSentry Redux website and clicking the More option in the top bar. Constructive feedback welcome!
GreaterMUD / Updated download links?
Last post by WhiskeyHeart - Oct 02, 2023, 12:05 PM
Are there any updated links for megamud?  Just wondering, thanks!
General Discussion / Re: TurboSentry Redux: new URL...
Last post by Vitoc - Sep 29, 2023, 04:09 PM
Looks great! Congrats on getting everything back up and running.
General Discussion / TurboSentry Redux: new URL is
Last post by Turbofoot - Sep 29, 2023, 12:19 AM
https://turbosentry.info is the new URL for Redux.