June 24, 2017, 04:04:42 pm

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
GreaterMUD / Re: Realm Reset?
« Last post by jim gilmore on Today at 08:11:12 am »
Do we have a test realm yet ???
GreaterMUD / Re: List of Current Changes - Please review/comment
« Last post by Jumpin Jack Flash on May 22, 2017, 05:06:15 pm »
Humans are a snoozefest. I say give them a small amount of innate quickness.

The humans who inhabit the PVP realm can be somewhat interesting.
GreaterMUD / Re: List of Current Changes - Please review/comment
« Last post by Macro on May 22, 2017, 01:27:07 pm »
My thoughts on current and potential changes:

Bard need the lower exp tables, but they also need 1 mana regen/sec. You always think of bard as constantly singing not sitting around waiting for the energy to do so. This would also help to differentiate them from other casters.

Witchunters need +damage (I would guess 3). They are supposed to be elite and they don't feel like it.

Warriors need a higher exp chart, maybe 110%

Mystics need a new attack beyond jump kick.

For missionaries I would say +mana regen and +backstab accuracy coupled with a lower exp table would be a big help.

Limits are outdated, the challenge comes in tracking down the best items for you, not being out of luck because someone beat you to it.

Thief should be king of backstabs, they should be +accuracy, +min/max damage

Half-orcs are terrible, I recommend doing something unique such as -crits and dodge and +enc and max damage

Humans are a snoozefest. I say give them a small amount of innate quickness.
GreaterMUD / Re: Current Updates with MME Export
« Last post by Jumpin Jack Flash on May 21, 2017, 11:47:09 am »
Here are the component requirements for the new leather armours.

GreaterMUD / Re: Moving house.
« Last post by Redhawk on May 20, 2017, 10:12:48 am »
Cytrik. Been a month since we've seen ya. Hope the house move is going well? Been trying to reach u bout some guild stuff. Can you hit me up in game? Left you a PM on the boards as well. Hitting you up here cuz I know u don't check your PMs. Tnx.
Captures / Re: Neutral Mage solo Hydra.
« Last post by Cindar on May 19, 2017, 09:43:04 pm »
Wow nice one. Longtime no see Poss
« Last post by Jumpin Jack Flash on May 19, 2017, 06:26:31 am »
So yes,  I am unsure if you are going to do a good job based on some of the problems I've seen in the export. No, I do not think you are open to anything other than superficial criticism of the changes, particularly from me given our history.

Again, my only interaction with this project is to provide the updates into NMR as requested by WinterHawk.  As stated earlier, there are times when we converse about the changes, but there are never times when I go off on my own and perform updates that I think will make the game better.  So, for you to say you are unsure if I am going to do a good job, what you are saying is "You are unsure if I will be able to correctly update the textblocks, monster data, weapon/armour data, etc., in NMR as WinterHawk requests."  WinterHawk obviously trusts me to correctly implement his requested changes, and more importantly, Vitoc trusts me to edit his GMud dats.  Any changes made to the game will be available for all to see in the MME export which will be provided once all updates are complete.  Additionally, maps (for and to) the new areas will be provided in forums.

If you have any concerns or criticism of the upcoming changes, you're venting your frustrations in the wrong direction.
« Last post by Coarse Horse on May 18, 2017, 09:54:58 pm »
I've gone over the preliminary export several times and have seen plenty of things that appear questionable. However, I decided to only bring up this one item to test the waters on how receptive the developers might be to constructive criticism on nuts-and-bolts issues like this one when there is thought and basic explanation behind it. Winterhawk's response seemed plain enough, and even if I still had some questions, I figured they could wait til I could do some in-game testing in light of his explanation of how that area is changing. While we have disagreed on many subjects over the years, overall Winter is a good person to be involved with this. He has the game experience and knowledge to understand the impact that decisions would have on gameplay. I know he even did some map design for Metro years ago (maybe more? not sure).

Frankly, I found your response to have a very defensive tone. Reinforcing this notion is the fact that you went out seeking a direct conflict with me by making this post. Rather than fight with you about it, I brought it up in pvp gossip which I do from time to time. We have had some decent dialogue over there about the posted changes over the last few weeks.

So yes,  I am unsure if you are going to do a good job based on some of the problems I've seen in the export. No, I do not think you are open to anything other than superficial criticism of the changes, particularly from me given our history.

Don't take this as me cheering against you, because I'm not. Hopefully any imbalances or mistakes can be worked out in the testing phase.

« Last post by Jumpin Jack Flash on May 18, 2017, 04:12:06 pm »
5/17/2017 12:25 PM Sans gossips: i'm a bit troubled by bane's response to my post on the forums
5/17/2017 12:25 PM Sans gossips: it basically amounts to "i'm testing this, and if I can only make X exp here, nobody in the WORLD could make more"
5/17/2017 12:25 PM Sans gossips: considering the source i have my doubts  ::)
5/17/2017 12:26 PM Sans gossips: winterhawk does seem open to questions and changes
5/17/2017 12:26 PM Sans gossips: bane not so much
5/17/2017 12:26 PM Sans gossips: i guess when the time comes i'll just have to break shit
5/17/2017 12:27 PM Sans gossips: i think he said his 53 mage in all the best lims can't make more than 1 mil/hr in hill fort
5/17/2017 12:27 PM Sans gossips: which is funny since cam is currently making 5.2 to 5.3 mil there
5/17/2017 12:27 PM Sans gossips: but whatevs
5/17/2017 12:27 PM Sans gossips: i do trust winterhawk's experience but i don't know how much actual control he has
5/17/2017 12:28 PM Sans gossips: even if we occasionally disagree on things
5/17/2017 12:29 PM Sans gossips: would be a shame if that realm ended up ruined by changing things based on pet requests without considering the source...

This is quite funny.  My post was just to provide some specifics on what my party was currently making in hill fort with the new changes there.  Also, my only part in this update is to make the changes requested by WinterHawk.  Sure, we have some discussion on things when there are questions, but all requested changes for the most part are WinterHawk's brain child.  And of course, a lot of those changes have come from other users comments here in the forums. 

I invested another 6 hours in NMR today, and will do the same again tomorrow, and probably all weekend long trying to get these updates in so the users can begin enjoying them as soon as possible, so I appreciate all your outspoken support.  Not sure I could have done it without you!

Bane
GreaterMUD / Guide: How to use the Nexus Spear
« Last post by Redhawk on May 15, 2017, 08:37:22 am »
I've explained this a few times so I figured I'd just put this together in a post right quick. The Nexus Spear has a unique spell attack that is 'used' rather than proced. It does have a standard proc mechanic as well, but what I am explaining is the self initiated spell that really makes the spear shine.

How do I set it up?
By 'using' your Nexus Spear, you can lead an attack round by adding a quick 100-150 dmg burst to a mob, with the possibility of a knockdown (debuff). Only certain mobs are affected, but it can add a a significant bonus to any scenario. It also doesn't follow the conventional round attack rules. Meaning, as soon as you 'use nexus', the spell is called on the target. You still have to wait until the next round to reuse it, but it can be immediately fired off.

You will first want to setup 3 Message/Responses. There are exactly 3 that the Nexus Spear will respond with. They are shown below in one of the images. Create 'new' and add the Messages similarly. Your response will then be your attack. For example, smash {target}

That's it. Make sure you set these responses to work with 'only for this character'. It especially works with warriors as there can be no spells that will conflict and call an attack where it isn't needed. If you have a better way of doing this please let me know and I will update the post. Best of luck.

Redhawk / Buckles / Rubix

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10