Guide: How to use the Nexus Spear

Started by Redhawk, May 15, 2017, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhawk

I've explained this a few times so I figured I'd just put this together in a post right quick. The Nexus Spear has a unique spell attack that is 'used' rather than proced. It does have a standard proc mechanic as well, but what I am explaining is the self initiated spell that really makes the spear shine.

How do I set it up?
By 'using' your Nexus Spear, you can lead an attack round by adding a quick 100-150 dmg burst to a mob, with the possibility of a knockdown (debuff). Only certain mobs are affected, but it can add a a significant bonus to any scenario. It also doesn't follow the conventional round attack rules. Meaning, as soon as you 'use nexus', the spell is called on the target. You still have to wait until the next round to reuse it, but it can be immediately fired off.

You will first want to setup 3 Message/Responses. There are exactly 3 that the Nexus Spear will respond with. They are shown below in one of the images. Create 'new' and add the Messages similarly. Your response will then be your attack. For example, smash {target}

That's it. Make sure you set these responses to work with 'only for this character'. It especially works with warriors as there can be no spells that will conflict and call an attack where it isn't needed. If you have a better way of doing this please let me know and I will update the post. Best of luck.

Redhawk / Buckles / Rubix