GMUD status

Started by Reece, Dec 30, 2005, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proteus

DeathCow

Your bad=gmud good :p

Gaiden

grin , ok. like i said before , anything a non programmer like myself can do , jus lemme know

Core

Quote from: Vitoc on Feb 24, 2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah.? I'm looking for a 256 meg chip of PC133 RAM to bring our badass server up to a mindnumbing 512 megs of RAM, the most our mobo supports. ;)

And yes, the lack of ram is not holding up progress.? ?However I'll be running a test realm 24/7 when I do get it.

As for progress, I haven't been working on it much for the past week or two.? My inspiration comes in spurts, and I'm getting inspired again so I hope to make some good progress this next week.

Must be hard to get back into after two weeks. Man what a project for just one guy. I mean yeah I can see writing a mud by yourself but a megamud compatible clone is a whole different story. At least it's .net though. I love .net

Vitoc

Quote from: Core on Mar 08, 2006, 09:44 PM
Must be hard to get back into after two weeks. Man what a project for just one guy. I mean yeah I can see writing a mud by yourself but a megamud compatible clone is a whole different story. At least it's .net though. I love .net
Yes.? It wasn't easy to get back in the groove.? However, I got the server up and plan to start tackling issues as they arise.? I'll run the realm on my dev box for the weekend in order to catch and debug exceptions and then I'll transfer it over to the real server to run for the week (assuming it survives ;) )

Thanks for everyone's patience!

The realm can be entered through:
vitoc.com
(forgot I had that domain ;) )

Righteous

...man vitoc.com is ruuuff. 

But, HELL-YA!!!!  Keep up the frigging good work!!

DeathCow

OK now I'll finish up the area I was planning on sending in for the beta realm.

The Crazy Animal

Donno I've just been busy I'll log on if ya need server load though... just let me know.

DeathCow

Umm people arent logging in cause there isnt all that much to test ^^

Vitoc

I believe I've handled all the ghosting issues.  I also fixed the # of swings issue which was slightly off.  It should match MME's swing calculator exactly.  Finally, I cleaned up the character creation screen a bit so it clears the field when you first start typing in it.

Going to try to get the word wrap issue fixed by the tomorrow.

DeathCow

Quote from: Vitoc on Mar 25, 2006, 02:19 PM
I believe I've handled all the ghosting issues. I also fixed the # of swings issue which was slightly off. It should match MME's swing calculator exactly. Finally, I cleaned up the character creation screen a bit so it clears the field when you first start typing in it.

I thought it was fixed...its works on my megamud.'

maybe thats just because i said it.

Vitoc

Quote from: DeathCow on Mar 25, 2006, 04:01 PM
Quote from: Vitoc on Mar 25, 2006, 02:19 PM
I believe I've handled all the ghosting issues. I also fixed the # of swings issue which was slightly off. It should match MME's swing calculator exactly. Finally, I cleaned up the character creation screen a bit so it clears the field when you first start typing in it.

I thought it was fixed...its works on my megamud.'

maybe thats just because i said it.
So words aren't getting split on your terminal?  ???

On mine it will cut words right in half if they fall at the end of the line.  If I do manual word wrapping it sounds like it screws up YOUR terminal.  I just can't win! hehe

Vitoc

Productive day today was.

Race/Class/Level restrictions should work now.  When listing items at shops it should reflect these restrictions.  Titles are sort of implemented.  Still need to account for male/female for the titles that need it.  Actions should work.  Fixed a few other random things.

DeathCow

nice vitoc..very nice.

The Crazy Animal