GreaterMUD Content Feedback

Started by Greater, Jul 07, 2018, 02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greater

Looking for feedback on the content changes, so feel free to post any issues, rants, suggestions, or kudos.

Watts

Gypsies are much improved. The increased number of single lairs is also a plus. The 600m squid seems a bit much given that it's killable 4x a day and worth 12x more than any monster.

Greater

Quote from: Watts on Jul 11, 2018, 08:29 PM
Gypsies are much improved. The increased number of single lairs is also a plus. The 600m squid seems a bit much given that it's killable 4x a day and worth 12x more than any monster.

Glad you're enjoying Gypsy and some expanded script options.

The squid was clearly a mistake. Winter was able to fix the problem so that it can't be exploited any more this push, but the damage on the PVP realm was already done and I apologize on behalf of the dev team for that.

It's a tough gig when the infrastructure does not support being able to update database stuff without requiring a full reset. One little mistake can do a lot of damage if it isn't caught in time.  Moving forward we're going to be as hyper vigilant about details like this as we can, but we still need people's help to point things out.

Thanks for the input.

Hurricane Omega

In general, many things are greatly improved.  I have a sneaker who can actually run solo in this build where I couldn't be effective before.

Just a couple of thoughts.

First, plate DR ramps up quickly to about 25 by level 40 and then hits a very early plateau.  From there all the way through to the level 80 gear, it will only increase to 26 without sacrificing either 5 or 10 accuracy per point of DR.

Second, chest item drop rates do not appear any where near consistent.  I have been farming for an Emerald-Studded Bracelet from Aldar chests for two characters and 45 to 55 levels.  In that time, I have about a 120% drop rate from glowing broadswords with multiple chests dropping 3 at a time.  I know the rng is responsible for that, but a 0% on one item listed at 20% and 120% for an item listed at 26% is just a bit off.

Third, there appears to be some inconsistency in boss re-spawn timers.  I spent years looping one particular boss and his timer was so accurate that I have my exp graph set to exactly 15 minutes longer than his re-spawn time.  Now he has spawned as much as 90 minutes early and 20 minutes late on more than one occasion.

I know the first and third may be by design for various reasons, but the second one is getting really annoying.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

-Steve

Greater

Quote from: Hurricane Omega on Jul 14, 2018, 12:52 PM
First, plate DR ramps up quickly to about 25 by level 40 and then hits a very early plateau.  From there all the way through to the level 80 gear, it will only increase to 26 without sacrificing either 5 or 10 accuracy per point of DR.

Winter handled most if not all of this, so I'll defer to him on an explanation for this.

Second, chest item drop rates do not appear any where near consistent.  I have been farming for an Emerald-Studded Bracelet from Aldar chests for two characters and 45 to 55 levels.  In that time, I have about a 120% drop rate from glowing broadswords with multiple chests dropping 3 at a time.  I know the rng is responsible for that, but a 0% on one item listed at 20% and 120% for an item listed at 26% is just a bit off.

I know in the past there has been some skepticism about how well the pseudo-random number generation is working. As I don't have code or anything to look at, I can only suggest trying for higher level chests that drop it at a higher rate. Sometimes RNG is a real pain though just generally.

Third, there appears to be some inconsistency in boss re-spawn timers.  I spent years looping one particular boss and his timer was so accurate that I have my exp graph set to exactly 15 minutes longer than his re-spawn time.  Now he has spawned as much as 90 minutes early and 20 minutes late on more than one occasion.

We added in a new chance for a boss to spawn from 5% to 10% earlier than the base spawn time, as well as the base chance for the spawn time to remain unchanged. This was done to introduce at least a small amount of randomness to boss spawns so that a boss couldn't be so easily controlled indefinitely by one player or faction. Again, I have no code to look at, so there is a chance Node decided to freelance and change something from the agreed-upon plan when he coded it, but as finalized in our talks over the mechanic, the numbers listed should be how it is working.

If you are noticing more weird stuff, particularly with late spawns, don't hesitate to follow up with a post. Late spawns happening multiple times might indicate that Node may have digressed slightly from the original plan when he coded it, and we may be able to look into that for next go around.

In general, many things are greatly improved.  I have a sneaker who can actually run solo in this build where I couldn't be effective before.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

Glad that you're enjoying the improvements. We will be working on refining and fine tuning stuff as these pushes go on. Thank you for the feedback!

Hurricane Omega

Thank you for the feedback.  I agree with the early spawn chance and will watch for repeated late spawns.

kourtney

Witchunters need some serious accessory love. Ruby-studded bracelet and sunstone forever is kinda meh, 4 ring options, 2 viable neck options, and one earring for the entirety of a character is making them fall behind. Scale armor scaling is fine. The lack of accessories is making combat 3 and 4 classes outshine it at high-end by a large margin. I get that "no-magic" blahblahblah. But, let's be real here for the class to be viable it needs some attention. There are plenty of items that could be "not-magic" easily and not make the class overpowered and not really need a ton of item changes and wouldnt affect other classes in any way.

woland

Quote from: Coarse Horse on Jul 13, 2018, 12:26 PM
The squid was clearly a mistake. Winter was able to fix the problem so that it can't be exploited any more this push, but the damage on the PVP realm was already done and I apologize on behalf of the dev team for that.
Weird, I was at some of the first couple squid kills and no exploits were used.  It was simply killed straight up with a lot of lightning spells and elbow grease.  So I think by exploit you are saying that the "wrong" gangs killed it. 

The gang with a developer in it was already humiliated in defeat before any squids were killed. Only "damage" that was done on the PVP realm was Vlad's crew sucked balls and couldn't hang.

Winterhawk

The obvious mistake part was the 600 mil exp and the rapid re-spawn time. Killing it was never seen as abuse, however the extreme amount of exp available was a problem.

Greater

Quote from: woland on Aug 14, 2018, 12:09 AM
Weird, I was at some of the first couple squid kills and no exploits were used.  It was simply killed straight up with a lot of lightning spells and elbow grease.  So I think by exploit you are saying that the "wrong" gangs killed it. 

The gang with a developer in it was already humiliated in defeat before any squids were killed. Only "damage" that was done on the PVP realm was Vlad's crew sucked balls and couldn't hang.

Thanks for your feedback.

woland

Quote from: Winterhawk on Aug 14, 2018, 07:16 AM
The obvious mistake part was the 600 mil exp and the rapid re-spawn time. Killing it was never seen as abuse, however the extreme amount of exp available was a problem.

Thank you for confirming that no exploits were used in killing the tsunami squid, and that Coarse Horse is a sore loser and a lying sack of shit for calling his opponents exploiters.

What do I know though, I'm just a "slow learner" LOL @ Losin' Vlad

woland

Bump. LOL @ Cheatin Vlad aka Coarse Horse for getting humiliated while trying to play a game competitively that he designed.

Bitch.