Realm Reset! 10th of June

Started by twogirlz, May 31, 2011, 02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twogirlz

The current plan is that the realms will be shut on the 10th of June and both will be reset soon after.  Any discussion, comments or flames please post away here!

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Lucifer on May 31, 2011, 08:58 AM
ps dont reset again

This is a beta realm.  We reset as needed.

Gardner Denver

If anyone would like to see any of the rules changed now is the time to suggest them.  I'm considering dropping the no dupe rule on pvp due to it being to hard to enforce.

Jigga

The way I look at having one dupe on PVP is this.

If everyone is allowed 1 char and people have an illegal dupe, now they have the 2 vs 1 advantage.

If you are allowed 2 chars, and people STILL want to dupe, having 4 vs 2 isnt quite as advantageous and unfair as 2 vs 1.

Looking forward to a fresh start!
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

kalus

Agree on abolishing the no dupe rule. A megamud char being led around in a party its whole life is essentially a dupe still. And these were everywhere last push.

As for rules..... no rules. Mudops to just keep stagnant lims recycled.

On a side note, how hard would it be to implement one small game play enhancement like making spells crit? Spellcasters are clearly underpowered and this would be an excellent way to utilise the control of the engine gmud has and change the game in a way the dat hacking edited muds can't.

twogirlz

Policing 1 dupe would be more difficult than policing no dupes.  But im all for anything that increases the player base and the amount of pvp,  prolly should have a poll on it.

Hurricane Omega

If the non-PVP side is reset, I am done.  Too many times I get to the mid 60's and the realm is reset or goes haywire and I have to abandon my characters.  Obviously I am not ment to ever get to level 75 or higher.

twogirlz

Killing tsunami squid is the only real goal.

y2duhh

no dupes please, it just gives those who already dupe a chance for even more characters

Thesifer

Dupes.  If I play I'd probably only play one character. But who cares.  Everyone already PVPs with Megamud.  Scripts with Megamud..  Who cares if they have more characters to do that with?  It's not like there is a lick of skill left in the PVP realm anyways.

y2duhh

there was skill before? your entire group only pvp'd with megamud if i remember right.

Thesifer

Everyone has PVP'd with Megamud since it was released.   Well not everyone, I didn't unless I was attacked while AFK and scripting.  But it was generally set to hang.   And a few people hand played, but not many.  Megamud / Scripting / High EXP Tables..  And generally dumbass game development ruined Mud long ago even before Metro got their hands on it.

Thesifer

Are you on drugs?  Are just a retarded 12 year old?

PTERY

Quote from: Gardner Denver on May 31, 2011, 01:27 PM
I'm considering dropping the no dupe rule on pvp due to it being to hard to enforce.

Make it unlim dupes but a tight PVP range, like +/- 10 levels. The competent players will make 2-3 chars and people like Luci will roll through the slums with 58 missionaries until 2014.  Players like Zzyzx who are perpetually level 42 and vulnerable to lowbie attacks will whine but this should even things out for everyone else.

Item hoarding needs to be addressed too. How about a hard number of lims per ip address. 5 seems about right. Combine that with daily floor sweeps of all items. 

PTERY

Quote from: Lucifer on Jun 04, 2011, 02:41 PMhope to see u in the next mudlife buddy

I already have strategies set up for no dupes, 1 dupe, 2 dupes, 3 dupes and 99 dupes (100 mages).