[Other] arena combat extraordinaire

Started by proteus, May 14, 2006, 03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

proteus

Put here just so it doesn't get forgotten.

Make an arena area where players can buy such things as boomsticks, and beat the crap out of each other. But the items can't be removed from that specific area. If possible, could also learn specific spells which would be removed after leaving. Plenty of potential for fun and/or evil.

The Crazy Animal

I still think you should be able to throw objects at people. How great would it be to play an angery drunken dwarf and be able to hurl a bar stool at someone as they walk into the room. :) Or even better spitefully give back someones death pile item by item like that...  ;D

Sorry thought I'd share an idea that I think needs to be remembered too...

Vitoc

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on May 15, 2006, 08:40 AM
I still think you should be able to throw objects at people. How great would it be to play an angery drunken dwarf and be able to hurl a bar stool at someone as they walk into the room. :) Or even better spitefully give back someones death pile item by item like that...? ;D

Sorry thought I'd share an idea that I think needs to be remembered too...
All fun and games until someone loses an eye...  :D

Ian

The arena sounds cool.  Perhaps (and most likely only for testing) a similar arena where we can summon monsters.  And probably a nearby "control room" where you can pull lever to clear the room of all those damn Tyrannosaurs and Zanthii, not mentioning any names <cough>DC and Locke</cough>.

But back to the throwing topic, I'm picturing this like Jedi Knight (the games).  Walk into a room, and use the surrounds to wallop someone else.  Force throw that rock at them, or a shipping container  ;)
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

Mukami

I always thought that the arena could be so much fun if they would just do a little more to it. Im normally a minimalist but this is one area i would love to see improved alot. Having a summoner sitting at the arena i think would be a good idea. maybe have it be town specific too so that rhudaur would have dread mystic and the dragons teeth hill bosses and monsters to be summoned.  Maybe have a illusionist there would would be able to randomly draw up a map or choose from a few set maps. have mob on mob battles where you summon lord of the hunt and bloody executioner and they chase/attack whoever happens to be in the room 50% chance loth goes for you 50% bloody executioner goes for you. and have them moving with good ai's but for 0 exp.