The return of bounty hunters

Started by ghaleon, May 05, 2006, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghaleon

For those of you who remember the times of bounty hunters and orc mercenaries I was thinking "why not let them back?"

I personally loved them, even though I was always evil and they were constantly chasing after me :)

This gave a reason for players to not continually kill people until they were FIEND. Theres nothing positive about a person doing that on a mud.
Free MajorMUD. No Playing Sysops - Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver Forums

scratacorn

and if it's raining and you cast ice it turns the rain into snow!!!!!!!!! =)
yeah ok

DeathCow

I liked bounty hunters, I also like them white assassins. :P

The Crazy Animal

I thought that a tradwars like system of rewards and bounties would be the best thing to do here. I'm not a PVP pusher but a little can be fun especially if there's a good reason for it. The bounty hunter bit was a little one sided in my opinion so if something like bounty hunters is put in there should also be dark assassins (kills the goodies) for the areas that have a more evil lean to them.

ghaleon

I have seen muds where if a player 'reports' another player that recently robbed them, they would have a bounty on their head. A message would be instantly posted on a sign in town square. Then anyone that read the sign and tracked down and killed the person would suffer no evil points. The person could either just be killed, or sent to jail. Either way it would give more player interaction
Free MajorMUD. No Playing Sysops - Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver Forums

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: ghaleon on May 08, 2006, 08:31 AM
I have seen muds where if a player 'reports' another player that recently robbed them, they would have a bounty on their head. A message would be instantly posted on a sign in town square. Then anyone that read the sign and tracked down and killed the person would suffer no evil points. The person could either just be killed, or sent to jail. Either way it would give more player interaction

I posted something like this in the idea forum a while ago. The idea was that it would replace the retaliation period. I like the idea that the attacked player could be sent to jail that would be a very cool effect if the two players were fighting in a town or just out side of town. It would be a little too unrealistic though if they were say out at markus and got sent to say silvermere's jail (just to give a distance idea).

scratacorn

speaking of robing players, you could make robing someone work in this game, that would be nice

Colt

Mistic ToeThumper
Colt ToeThumper
galaxybbs.dynalias.com