Resetting Both Realms on the GreaterMUD Server

Started by Gardner Denver, Sep 09, 2012, 12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardner Denver

Saturday Sept 15th 2012.  Time: 3pm Mountain (4 Central, 5 Eastern, 2 Pacific)

Rules have been updated for the next push, read them here: http://www.greatermud.com/forums/index.php?topic=2971.0

+40 max stats will remain in the game on both realms.
Limiteds will be x2 on both realms.  As the realms grow this will be adjusted as needed.
As noted in the rules, hidden limited item floor sweeps will be monthly for both realms and will include hidden items in gang houses.  When we sweep all limiteds from the ground, there will be 24 hour warning given.

When we load todays update we will officially be at version 0.9.  This is a huge milestone for the development team.  We realize there is still work to be done but this means that the bulk of the major functions are in the game, even if they need a little tweaking here and there.  We'd like to thank all of the users who helped us get to this point in the project.

We will do our best to get the remaining issues hammered out as quickly as possible so we can move on to new content and balance issues.  To do this, we need users who are working with us, not against us.  Please do not keep bugs secret.  Report them as soon as you find them so we can address them, hopefully quickly.

To those of you who live strictly to troll the realm and/or the staff of this project.  Your actions will no longer be tolerated.  Several of you have already been banned last push for this and you won't be allowed back to play this push either.  If you've been banned on site every time you've logged back into the realm, then it's you I'm talking about.  There are some who haven't been banned yet but are pushing their luck.  Play the game.  Enjoy it.  Help us fix it.

Also note that I do not care if 1 active player is holding every single item in the game or not.  That kind of in game drama is for you guys to sort out unless the user is an offline holding account.  If they are online and playing then you deal with them, don't bring it to me. 

Vitoc needs to focus on the engine, I need to focus on my projects.  Neither of us has time to deal with the in game drama.