Current Updates with MME Export

Started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Apr 06, 2017, 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greater

I've gone over the preliminary export several times and have seen plenty of things that appear questionable. However, I decided to only bring up this one item to test the waters on how receptive the developers might be to constructive criticism on nuts-and-bolts issues like this one when there is thought and basic explanation behind it. Winterhawk's response seemed plain enough, and even if I still had some questions, I figured they could wait til I could do some in-game testing in light of his explanation of how that area is changing. While we have disagreed on many subjects over the years, overall Winter is a good person to be involved with this. He has the game experience and knowledge to understand the impact that decisions would have on gameplay. I know he even did some map design for Metro years ago (maybe more? not sure).

Frankly, I found your response to have a very defensive tone. Reinforcing this notion is the fact that you went out seeking a direct conflict with me by making this post. Rather than fight with you about it, I brought it up in pvp gossip which I do from time to time. We have had some decent dialogue over there about the posted changes over the last few weeks.

So yes,  I am unsure if you are going to do a good job based on some of the problems I've seen in the export. No, I do not think you are open to anything other than superficial criticism of the changes, particularly from me given our history.

Don't take this as me cheering against you, because I'm not. Hopefully any imbalances or mistakes can be worked out in the testing phase.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Quote from: Coarse Horse on May 18, 2017, 11:54 PM
So yes,  I am unsure if you are going to do a good job based on some of the problems I've seen in the export. No, I do not think you are open to anything other than superficial criticism of the changes, particularly from me given our history.

Again, my only interaction with this project is to provide the updates into NMR as requested by WinterHawk.  As stated earlier, there are times when we converse about the changes, but there are never times when I go off on my own and perform updates that I think will make the game better.  So, for you to say you are unsure if I am going to do a good job, what you are saying is "You are unsure if I will be able to correctly update the textblocks, monster data, weapon/armour data, etc., in NMR as WinterHawk requests."  WinterHawk obviously trusts me to correctly implement his requested changes, and more importantly, Vitoc trusts me to edit his GMud dats.  Any changes made to the game will be available for all to see in the MME export which will be provided once all updates are complete.  Additionally, maps (for and to) the new areas will be provided in forums.

If you have any concerns or criticism of the upcoming changes, you're venting your frustrations in the wrong direction.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Here are the component requirements for the new leather armours.