(Items/abilities) Quivers and Bows

Started by The Crazy Animal, May 06, 2007, 07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

I was thinking the other day it would be cool to be able to swap out different arrow types for use with bows. This could be for both magical arrows and non-magical ones. Quivers would be item slot back and would require two abilities to function.

All bows would need to be flagged with a weapon id ability called Bow value 1-999. The quivers on the other hand would be flagged with the ?reqbow? ability or ?Requires a Bow? value 1-999. The way the ability would work is that when a player has a bow id weapon equipped any other abilities on the quiver would function given that they are equal to or greater then the quivers reqbow value.

So for an example a frostfire arrow quiver might have the following abilities:

Reqbow 5
Maxdmg 1
CastSp 10001 (frostfire strike)
CastSp% 30

This makes it so any bow with an id of 5 or more could use the arrows in this quiver. And would give the player an extra hitspell at 30% and +1 maxdmg when using that bow.

Ian

I like the sounds of this, kinda like Amazons in Diablo II.  Opens up so many possibilities.  One used in Diablo II is firing multiple arrows.
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

DeathCow

In zelda 1 it takes 1 rupie per arrow.

The Crazy Animal

Ya I thought about trying to figure out how to do a per arrow type thing but when you have rounds of 5 the arrow count over the course of a kill just seems like it would be too high.