Anchoring/Binding to a room

Started by Vitoc, May 16, 2006, 03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

I'm wondering if rather than assigning each map a death room, where people go to when they die, maybe we could allow people to anchor or bind themselves to a room so that when they die they respawn in that room.? We could just have it allowed in certain non-combat rooms, ideally temples of some sort.? I think it's kind of dumb that you can get half way to your destination, die, and suddenly you're at your destination.? It would also take care of the alignment system issue of where to spawn since we could disallow evil people to bind themselves in a good temple, and vice versa.? Otherwise we have to assign every map one room for good people, one room for neutral people, and one room for evil people.? Kind of a pain.

DeathCow

That sounds easy enough to do :P  Just make an ability and I can use textblocks for the binding.

The Crazy Animal

You could do it so you buy a death token from the local shrine or temple... Then to make sure that multiple tokens are held when buying the token you could have a textblocks check for an existing  token and then prompt to exchange it.

DeathCow

The Crazy Animal

whats wrong with f'ing tokens.

DeathCow

The Crazy Animal

Grin I just thought it would be an easy way for a player to be able to keep track of it as well as the system deal with it. Without having to adding too much support for the function...

Locke Cole

Quote from: DeathCow on May 16, 2006, 06:50 PMThat sounds easy enough to do :P  Just make an ability and I can use textblocks for the binding.

Ability 155 (0x9B) (DeathText) could be used for this I think. MajorMUD has this ability partially implemented IIRC; it was supposed to execute the text blocked specified as the parameter when the player died (I think this was used on items/spells).

DeathCow