custom statline?

Started by Leah, Apr 20, 2011, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

I found some old posts referring to custom statlines. It looks like this ability still isn't available. I'm wondering if that's correct or if there is a different command / syntax to use to customize the statline.

Jigga

No this hasn't been added yet.

BUT...

If you look closely, the statline that GMUD uses is not the same as the default statline that MMUD uses. So, you should go into the statline settings in MegaMud and change it to match what is displated in GMUD.
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Jigga on Apr 21, 2011, 01:25 AM
If you look closely, the statline that GMUD uses is not the same as the default statline that MMUD uses. So, you should go into the statline settings in MegaMud and change it to match what is displated in GMUD.

Actually it is.  If you log on to your board Jigga and type SET STATLINE you'll see we do match the default statline perfectly.  You're thinking about SET STATLINE FULL which is not the default setting, and we do not match that one yet.

Jigga

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Apr 21, 2011, 01:42 AM
Actually it is.  If you log on to your board Jigga and type SET STATLINE you'll see we do match the default statline perfectly.  You're thinking about SET STATLINE FULL which is not the default setting, and we do not match that one yet.

I know this is an old post, I just stumbled upon it again and wanted to reply.

You're right, the statlines are the same, it's MegaMud that displays them wrong (making me wonder if this acctually affects anything or, possibly mana resting). I'm not sure why, perhaps the default statline used to be different in an earlier version of MajorMUD.

When you go to the statline tab in MegaMud and have it set to the default of full, the box that displays what it will look like shows the following:

[HP=37,MA=12]: (Resting)

It has a comma separating your hitpoints from your mana, when in actuality, the game uses a slash:

[HP=37/MA=12]: (Resting)

I always tell MegaMUD that I am using a custom statline (whether MMUD or GMUD) and replace the comma with a slash.

I don't know if MegaMud would get confused or not, I suppose it isn't an issue because no one seems to have any problems.
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

mad

Quote from: Jigga on Oct 27, 2012, 11:23 PM
I know this is an old post, I just stumbled upon it again and wanted to reply.

You're right, the statlines are the same, it's MegaMud that displays them wrong (making me wonder if this acctually affects anything or, possibly mana resting). I'm not sure why, perhaps the default statline used to be different in an earlier version of MajorMUD.

When you go to the statline tab in MegaMud and have it set to the default of full, the box that displays what it will look like shows the following:

[HP=37,MA=12]: (Resting)

It has a comma separating your hitpoints from your mana, when in actuality, the game uses a slash:

[HP=37/MA=12]: (Resting)

I always tell MegaMUD that I am using a custom statline (whether MMUD or GMUD) and replace the comma with a slash.

I don't know if MegaMud would get confused or not, I suppose it isn't an issue because no one seems to have any problems.

It doesn't cause a problem, AFAIK, just testing it now ..

mad

It appears to respond better if a tick occurs, when a new line doesn't, and doesn't wait for a new line post combat. But other things may be affecting that too.

So it may increase the efficiency of MegaMUD and the overall rate.. be nice for someone else to try this,