Real ID

Started by Torque, Apr 07, 2012, 12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torque

tl;dr - GreaterMUD needs a player list that consist of real known people.

One idea I've heard and had before was verifying ID's for people to play. Obviously not everyone wants to do this, and there are realms already existant to appease those shadow walkers.

Yes, having rivalries is still fun. Yet I'm all grown up now and sometimes I drift towards a place where things aren't so nasty. I come here for the game, the competition, and the like-minded crazies that we all are.

I, on the other hand, am sick of anonymous or near anonymous banter and fighting. I honestly feel like one of the reasons (not the only) that this community (MajorMUD et al) is falling apart slowly is that it's so vile. In my opinion because it's so easy to hate a few letters.

I think a real ID system would make people accountable for their behavior. I don't mean police language or oppress behavior. I just mean that you create your own halos.

Ways to implement: LOCK your user name to your persons, nerf characters that aren't verified, give a clear advantage to chars that are, not allow unverified people to enter said realm, having a simple political system in realm to deal with things <--- new idea in itself. Only effective with real IDs. In fact, I will post

kalus

It's called NON-PVP

Torque

wait, you have to be verified to join non-pvp?

Grand

Some people take this game way too serious!!!

Gnor

Quote from: Grand on Apr 07, 2012, 06:00 PM
Some people take this game way too serious!!!

The only people opposed to an idea like this are the ones who have been abusing dupes for years.

Are you abusing dupes, Grand?

Grand

I was just stating an opinion...I'm not opposed to anything. I have 1 char in Non-PvP!