Combat Penalty for Movement

Started by Torque, May 08, 2012, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torque

I propose a one round combat penalty after movement. Something as simple as -10 acc, -10 bs acc, and -10 sc until the next round.

The logic for roleplay behind it is if you're running around really fast, it takes a minute for the brain to reorient on whatever it is. Granted, a lot of fighting is instincts, but you're still focused on something else (moving fast) and so a couple of seconds is pretty realistic for the brain to adapt and return to a comfortable position.

The logic for pvp/script is that hauling ass through Silvermere to spam bs Lucifer^M is stupid. Lurking for at least one round is a more realistic approach to an assassin type setting. Apply this to the other unbonuses.

The Crazy Animal

I would somewhat agree if it was player verse party or some other logical disadvantage. As if a player searching around for a single target though it's kind of taken for granted that you are focused on that target. If it's a room with other npcs, mobs, and players I would say that would be more reasonable way to formulate a penalty for that. I wouldn't suggest it as a straight penalty though I would formulated based on what and who is in the room. I don't know if you can use that to improve on your idea any though.

I would think to pull it off well there would have to be at least four values though to adjust the game scripting to work in that way if it gets to that point:
BS player reaction Pen
BS Mob Reaction pen
BS NPC Reation pen
Bs Item reation pen

You could then take the sum of the values and make a room BS penalty value for how hard it is to BS in the room. You could even go a little crazy with it and set messages for each reaction. Like NPC says, "Watch out!" or "You bump into a chair and fail" Just a thought if your trying to be realistic about it.